Chapter 3

~||~Writing has always been part of my life. Writing poetry and attempting to write books. It has always been there. Tonight I lie in bed, with a ominous feeling and slightly allured, by a wise bird perched on my windowpane. My writing immediately spikes and I get a generation of ideas. ~||~

POV
QUINN MILES

(This model appears to me when I think of Josh

(This model appears to me when I think of Josh.)

Josh was my first best friend. Since childhood we did everything together, but when we reached high school our relationship kind off faded. He had friends that would constantly bully him and when I told him that they were not the best friends. He would be mad and say that I don't understand their friendship. One day he understood what I meant.
I walked home from school one late afternoon in Toronto. I walked passed an alley and heard. People shouting and the music playing. I contemplated if I should go check it out or if I should just go home because it was late. My curiosity got the best of me and I went to check out what was happening. When I reached at the crowd yelling.
It seemed like they were gambling or something. I saw a young boy getting beaten up by one of the guys from our school. As I watched the unfair fight for a few minutes still not getting a clear sight of the kid getting his butt kicked. I later saw Josh's best friend bracelet I gave to him on his birthday. Without thinking I pushed through the crowd grabbed my best friend by the wrist and dragged him out from the fight. Everyone seemed unhappy about what just happened and started shouting at me and saying horrible things about Josh. I ignored them because I was to angry and worried about my friend right now.

While walking home because we lived very far. I asked Josh,"What the hell Josh?What were you doing there?",he didn't say anything for a while and after a long silence he explained,"Tony and the other guys. Are part of a Mafia crew. They put me in a fight with M.C to see if I can become one of them. I didn't really want to become part of such a gang, but they know how to make me feel safe and loved". When he was done speaking I realised that we were close to home and I haven't said anything yet. I didn't know what to say.

Josh is an adopted child. He was adopted when he was a baby. He's parents never gave him a break about that. His father would constantly remind him how Josh isn't his real son and the only reason they adopted him was because of his wife that wanted more children but couldn't have any more. Josh is the youngest of his siblings. He was treated as a foster child at home. So when he said that his friends felt like home I understood where he was coming from."Sleepover? & Friends(the comedy series)?",I said with a smile. He smiled and nodded,"sure", I'll just let my parents know. After that day we were cool again. Until I had to leave for College.

After Josh came into the house. I asked him if he wanted to,"Sleepover and Friends?",he said yes and now we are watching the series Friends for the 1 zillionth time without getting bored. "What is your major?", he asked out of the blue after grabbing a handful of popcorn. "I'm studying to become a nurse and I'm also working as a part-time nurse. They pay me to study", I say with a slightly bragging tone. He looks over at me with a whatever look and says, " Well at least I make my money from boxing", he says like it is some big accomplishment, "What?You fight now?",I asked amazed by the man my friend has become. "Yes", he says barely audible and with a slight grin,he looks to the bracelet I now notice is still on his wrist. "After that fight in the alley. The Mafia wanted to see me because he lost a lot of money on me. He explained to me that he had people that could train me to fight and I would get him his money back. "It didn't really seem like I had an option" he explained.

"So I started training and I got better. Eventually when there was another match I fought in it, and with that I won all the Mafia's money back and now I don't want to stop fighting". After the whole story I was speechless and I couldn't believe he was part of such a dangerous crew. They are not as dangerous as they appear to be. Or at least I hope they are not because now my friend has become one of them. I could see him looking at me waiting for me to shout at him or act crazy, but all I said was, " if you feel that you are safe with your gang. Then I am happy for you", I said a bit worried about my friend, but mostly being supportive of his decision. We spoke about our crazy memories and became best friends once again that night.

-|-|-

The next few days was just me packing everything into boxes and getting everything ready for the pickup truck. We had so much good memories in this house, but the last couple of days I've been reminded of the bad one's. The one's I hate thinking about. Those that bring me to my knees and bring upon me sadness and love.

"KAREN!!",Joel shouted, "Please don't do this sis". Joel pleaded with her when Karen's anger got the best of her. "Please let Quinn go!", Joel would try to reason,"Stop!!Karen stop choking her!! She's not breathing!" and I slowly feel my last breathe escape my mouth and my feet lifting of the ground. Loo starts crying and draws towards Karen. Karen let's go of me and I fall to the ground grasping for air.

Hope you still enjoying the book.😉💜