through the night

Jay's eyes were opened as the night light kept him awake. The night was rather chilly, but expectant of an autumn day's weather. His breath heavy, as well as his heart, but for a reason unknown to his self. He was in need of something, but even he didn't know what. All he could do was stare at his ceiling in hopes to forget the strange desire, his dark locks of hair gently falling over his skin.

"Cold out, isn't it?"

Jay's eyes turned to his right ever so slightly, catching sight of another black-haired male with sharp yet gentle eyes. His expression was dazed and soft, even at their gentle red tint that was barely visible. Jay pressed his lips together, sitting up from his bed. "You're here."

The figure showed a gentle smile, but Jay remained expressionless. "My, you haven't changed a single bit, have you?"

"Neither have you," was Jay's simple response as he gave some sort of lopsided grin possessing none happiness or anything akin. The smile was empty, fluid — void of true emotion. The figure, leaning against the wall beside the window, gave another wider smile.

"Nineteen years in this world and you've forgotten your roots already," he hummed, walking towards Jay. "A pure being reduced to a halfling — and you were a noble too."

"Well, what does that make you, then, stranger?" Jay questioned, raising his head ever so slightly as the male neared him.

"Oh, I'm nothing more than food for you," he said with a slight lilt to his tone, standing just before Jay at that moment. "Even as a human, your eyes are the exact same. I, once strong, have been reduced to this feeble human form before you — how disappointing."

"Disappointing, indeed," Jay shrugged, "but as you were before is much worse than this."

"Father adored you," the man said, his eyes falling to a more dreamy state as he gently placed a hand on Jay's shoulder, moving ever so slightly to rest on the crook of his neck. "He adored the innocent look in your eyes, not knowing that you were of the kind we hated. Despised. Our fathers were like brothers, but all I was to you was a feed."

"It's sincerely not the case."

"All you wanted," he said with a more stern tone as he leaned downwards to bring their faces closer, "was to ravage me like the beast you are. Take me and drink my dry as often as you could. Like a monster. Oh, what a beautiful monster you were. Sweet, soft, kind — until the night."

"That ravaging was something you enjoyed, was it not?" Jay's lifeless smile became more snark, causing the male above him to click his tongue before smirking slightly.

"Oh, I can't really say — I can't recollect all those times," he said. "But how you called my name so desperately as you grew thirsty for my taste… maybe it was the best feeling of it all."

Jay reached for the male's waist, wrapping one around his slender figure and holding his side with the other to merely stabilise their position before one another. "Is my lifeless heart calling out for you once more?"

"Once more and again, it seems," the male hummed, leaning downwards as he exposed his neck. "Father hated your kind, but your father was a gentle man that helped us through hardships with no cost. He was a kind man, and I'd rather treat his foul beast of a son with such kindness as well."

"This life grows anew."

"Yet that desire remains."

Jay smiled again, his eyes landing on the boy's soft toned neck. No blemishes, no marks — just utter perfection. His scent remained ever so sweet, gentle and alluring to Jay, drawing him in further with each passing moment. For a moment, he didn't know how to proceed, but old memory quickly surfaced.

"Displaying this foul desire would no doubt make you hate me more."

"Does my hate bother you, Reylian?"

"Do not utter that name." Jay's glare surfaced for the first time, causing the boy above to resist a little chortle from escaping his lips. "It's been so long…"

That desire resurfacing after centuries of being veiled felt very new to Jay. His new life seemed normal, but as he retained his memories from his previous life, as well as half the blood he once possessed as a pureblood, life grew difficult. That hunger was prominent, keeping him up at night as he tried to ignore it.

That half-way point.

His solstice.

"The desire exists, and while I'm here, you can do as you want," the male said softly, reaching upwards to push his shirt further off his shoulder. "Say my name. Call out 'Kariel' and fulfill that desire to consume part of me, as Reylian once did so savagely."

Jay was quiet for a moment, his desire growing with each passing second as he kept his gaze locked on the undisturbed beauty of the boy's neck. His lips, holding their own beauty, were disturbed by a silver glinting lipring, making him seem just more attractive in a way Jay could never ever explain in that lifetime. "Heeseung…"

The male smiled, putting a hand to Jay's neck to draw him closer. His desire's pinnacle reached and Jay felt his teeth sharpen just enough for him to feed. "Bite me, my dear Aleksandr — as you have done so many times under the name of your kind father."