the weather is good

The man clenched his teeth as he walked down the long corridor, clutching a large book in his hands for the reason of returning from a lesson. Having learnt the horrible news of his good friend Calhelv Reylian being of the kind he despised so, he simply had to ask for himself. He was in search of his son Kariel, who was supposedly with his friend Aleksandr Reylian.

"My son won't be around someone that is a vampire," Edward Alfin muttered, sheer anger flowing through his veins. The thought of his best friend of almost forty years being a vampire, the kind he swore to get rid of, would make anyone angry.

In the dead of night, he pushed open Aleksandr Reylian's bedroom door, but he froze in shock at the sight before him. Before him was the scene of young Aleksandr, gripping the slender waist of his son Kariel. Sheer horror overcame his expression as he made eye contact with Aleksandr, his eyes glowing a soft yet intense red.

Kariel looked back, widening his eyes. "Father—"

"Leave immediately."

Jay gasped as he opened his eyes, feeling his human heart pumping harshly in his chest. Desperation met his thirst as his fangs sharpened significantly and get reached to his right side desperately, grabbing at anyone and anything that could satisfy him at that moment.

"What a pitiful sight you are."

Jay immediately stopped, his eyes widened as he recollected himself and moved away from the person before him. The disgust hidden behind Heeseung's blank gaze was apparent, and even though he hid it well, Jay could still sense it. "Why are you here?"

"You broke out in a cold sweat last night, and you were screaming as everyone awoke," Heeseung explained calmly, sitting back comfortably in the seat he had placed beside the bed. "They suggested that we take you to the hospital, but given your state, I said to just let you rest. I stayed with you, and then this happened."

"Get out my room."

"You don't want that to happen, so let me stay."

Jay smirked ever so slightly, scoffing out a small laugh as he sat up straight. "For saying I haven't changed, you just the same."

"Only for you, my dear friend," Heeseung said, his tone dripping with false sweetness. "Alas, you look so pitiful, I can't help but think that your solstice is far from being achieved at this rate."

"I don't need you, Kariel — just leave."

"Call me that name so sweetly once more, my dear Aleksandr."

"I said leave."

Jay was glaring at the boy before him and Heeseung still smiled. The smile shifted from one of malice to one of reasoning as he stood up from the chair beside the bed. "I'll make a proposal to you, if it's okay — since you won't be able to do much without my help."

"I can do just fine without you."

"Oh, but you need someone compliant, don't you."

Jay only clicked his tongue in annoyance. "What's your damn proposal?"

Heeseung chuckled, kneeling upon the bed and drawing himself closer to the black-haired male. Jay's eyes, while slightly dazed, were focused on Heeseung's nearing figure. Heeseung towered before Jay, his legs on either side of his lap. "Solstice can only be achieved with a certain consumption of blood. Right now, you're a halfling. Consume my blood, and I'll help you reach your solstice. But — you need to help me start mine."

"But I don't know how," Jay said quickly.

Heeseung was already tilting his neck, pulling his shirt down ever so slightly to expose his collarbone and the left side of his neck. "It's possible with just a bite. Just this single bite. If you have the intention of turning me into a vampire, then it'll work."

"I've never tried turning anyone into a vampire," Jay muttered, his voice dimming as the moonlight. His eyes focused on the gentle glow of Heeseung's soft-looking skin. He gulped nervously, wondering how. Despite wanting to feed so desperately just minutes before, he was unsure of how to proceed.

"What's the matter? Aleksandr bit Kariel so carelessly, yet Jay seems to ponder," Heeseung muttered, a slight smirk decorating his expression. Jay glared slightly and Heeseung laughed. "Should I remove more clothing—"

"Shut up already."

Jay felt his fangs sharpening again and he leaned forward, his hands reaching for Heeseung's waist. His desire for blood became apparent, as he pierced Heeseung's neck with the sharp fangs. Heeseung flinched in pain, but Jay quickly grabbed his wrist to hold him in place. Warm liquid filled Jay's mouth and he felt content with the sweet taste. Heeseung's body tensed further while Jay relaxed.

"J-Jay, that's enough…"

Jay could barely listen as he kept drinking and drinking. Heeseung was delectable, sweet — unbelievably so, as he could not stop. His taste was like no other. It was a new feeling, yet it was so familiar at the same time. Certain ecstasy filled him as Heeseung let out a soft whine of slight protest, yet he couldn't stop.

Aleksandr wasn't satisfied.

Jay leaned forward until Heeseung lied with his back against the bed. Jay loomed above him, still biting harshly into his skin and taking delectable tastes of his sweet blood. Heeseung felt Jay's hands move to hold his wrists on the sides of his head, keeping him in place after he pulled away from his neck.

Heeseung smiled slightly. "How was it?" Jay didn't answer — his eyes were dazed and cloudy with desire, and Heeseung could tell. "Do you want to bite me again?"

"I do," Jay answered immediately, not breaking from his daze. "I want to bite you over and over again. I want to taste you all over again…"

Heeseung tilted his head, looking to his right to expose the left side of his neck again. "Then bite me all you want, Aleksandr — as a human, I'm merely feed for you. I'm sure Kariel enjoyed being used."

"Does it hurt?"

"Of course, but in a good way." Heeseung gave him a slight side glance. "Hurry up and bite me again before I return to my room."

Jay didn't hesitate at all this time, and made sure to feed until he was satisfied. No matter how much times Heeseung expressed that he was in pain, he just couldn't stop. He knew deep inside that Heeseung was only fulfilling what Kariel wanted, but maybe, even without their past lives interfering, Heeseung would still let Jay feed on him.