my love goes deep

Jay was surprised when he was informed that Lee Heeseung, the son of a old guest of his father, would be staying with him for a bit until his parents find an acceptable manor to claim as their new home. Jay was quite irritated at the sudden intrusion, but he respected his father's wishes to look after a friend's family.

However, Jay welcomed his new guest with open arms. With the absence of any adults, the two boys became the owners of the large nanor. Jay, who had been used to being alone, eventually grew to like the idea of a new guest. He and Heesung spoke comfortably to one another, conversing over warm tea and gentle laughs. They weren't close, yet understood one another.

"Your quarters are ready, sir." One of the few housemaids was bowing at the door as she spoke, careful with the worry of disturbing the two boys. Jay dismissed her and Heeseung stood up from his seat by the large kitchen counter.

"I'll settle in my room now," Heeseung said with a smile. "Thank you for the warm welcome, Jongseong-ssi. Your father is an amazing man, and it's not a surprise to find his son to be the same."

"Stop exaggerating, hyung," Jay said with a smile. "And call me Jay, it's more comfortable to me. I hope you enjoy your stay."

The American boy bowed as Heeseung left. He continued his daily tasks, albeit he didn't have much to do. Jay spent most of his time learning new things from YouTube and tending to his garden. The countryside was lonely and quiet, with the occasional noise from the kitchen or staff. The Victorian style home he had provided much for the eye, but not for the hand.

Jay was deep in thought as wandered into the kitchen. He saw one of the staff working on their dinner — Korean foods including kalguksu, kimchi fried rice with radish kimchi, marinated eel and multiple cuts of sashimi. He bowed to the staff and she returned the gesture politely before continuing her task. Jay noticed he wasn't needed for assistance or opinion and left the kitchen through the back door to get to the back garden way of his home.

The sunlight gently warmed his skin, creating a feeling he had forgotten was real. Warmth. Heat. He breathed in, remembering that he had now alive. He was a living being. The reality had yet to sink in, even after nineteen years. His last life was different, yet had some similarities to his current life. He had warm blood pumping through his veins, a heart to keep him warm, and a much warmer personality compared to his past self.

Heeseung provoked him too much which almost resulted in him faltering. His last self was too powerful to forget, and he'd never forget the life he had. That familiar warmth was more of a curse, as it was a struggle to ignore his past. The warmth was more than a flowimg desire — it was a craving. He needed to have his desires fulfilled, otherwise he'd feel empty and hollow — and maybe just a bit thirsty.

For a moment, he forgot that humane warmth as it got replaced by that craving. He couldn't give in so easily — Heeseung had just arrived, and doing anything out of the ordinary so soon would definitely arouse suspicion and questions he didn't want to answer. He couldn't be sure if Heeseung felt similarly, either, but he was sure that Lee Heeseung was of Alfin — the same family that had formed a tight pairing with the Reylian family.

"Sir Jay, the young sir Heeseung is requesting your presence in his quarters."

Jay turned around, bowing to the young maiden before him. Granted, she definitely seemed older, but their ranks were different and she still had to treat Jay with more respect. She scurried off to the kitchen and Jay walked into the large manor with a straightened back. The staff, as few as they were amidst the large home, greeted him warmly as they met his eyes. Jay always thought their warmth was feigned, but soon learned that they were quite genuine.

Jay made it to the top of the stairs, walking down the long corridor past all the guest bedrooms and eventually reaching Heeseung's room right at the end of the hallway. He knocked on the door and soon entered, seeing Heeseung sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Heeseung hyung, dinner will be completed in roughly thirty minutes — is there anything you need me for?" Jay asked, leaning against the side of the door. As their pleasantries had passed, they grew familiar with how they actually were. The maids and butlers knew that they had met for the first time, but it was much deeper than that.

"I'm surprised you didn't break, Reylian," Heeseung said with a smile as he locked his phone. "Oh, I suppose you're not familiar with that name."

"My hate is stronger than familiarity," Jay answered flatly. "As much as I'd like to remain pleasant with you, I cannot do so as an Alfin is before me."

"Our fathers were friends, but their sons grew to be enemies, it seems," Heeseung hummed, walking towards him with his hands behind his back. "Once a noble, now a regular human. But… you're not a regular human. You've reached your solstice — and you need a meal."

"I can do just fine," Jay muttered, his gaze talking sideways. Heeseung stopped just before him, reaching behind Jay to push the door closed ever so carefully. "I don't want any enemies. I want basic respect and kindness, even from an Alfin."

Heeseung smiled, almost laughing at the spite at which Jay uttered his name. "Oh, my dear Aleksandr… you haven't changed a single bit."

"You fluctuate wildly between saying I've changed and commenting on the fact that I haven't changed," Jay said, confusion lacing his tone. "But apart from that, I want to be at regular terms with you. Friends, perhaps. Unless you are so certain if bite you."

"The blood of this Alfin swine is too good to resist, even for you," Heeseung said with a buttery tone as he neared Jay. "You said so yourself. With those ravaging eyes, you utter my name with disgust, yet consume of me as if I'm about to disappear. Why, my dear Aleksandr, do you desire someone you hate?"

"I never hated you," Jay muttered, his eyes landing on Heeseung's paper while skin of his neck. "I despised you and your entire family."

"What a pity," Heeseung muttered, moving away from him.

"However, times have changed," Jay continued. "We have started new lives with old blood. I'd like to appreciate you for as long as I'm human."

"You're no longer human — with your solstice, you've been reduced to a halfling with minimal strength of your previous self," Heeseung said, staring into Jay's eyes with gentle intensity. "Consuming and ruining me as you've done before might speed up that process."

"Would you like me to bite you, then?"

"Who truly desires pain? Even as an Alfin destined to be consumed for blood, I'd rather not," Heeseung scoffed. "But maybe — just maybe — I'd let you take a bite. A sweet, tender taste — just as before."

Jay couldn't remove his eyes from his neck. How he desperately wanted to taste Heeseung as he did in their previous lives. He felt empty and hollow as his gaze moved from Heeseung's pretty neck. "You're despicable."

"And you're predictable," Heeseung laughed gently, biting his bottom lip ever so slightly. "You should save that sweet bite for the peak of your solstice, as this weary human's blood grows sweeter. I'm sure you'd enjoy that, Aleksandr Reylian."

Oh, how Jay hated that name.