under the moonlight

Jay lied beside Heeseung, his hand resting on his neck. Heeseung was quiet, staring at Jay's lips blankly. Their hearts were slowed, carefully listening to one another amongst the silence. They were tired, but as a contradiction, they never felt more alive. Jay reminisced the taste of Heeseung's blood, wondering how he would be able to resist biting him every day.

"Does anything feel different?" Jay asked softly. "Does it feel you're nearing your solstice?"

"I still feel human," Heeseung muttered, his gaze falling to Jay's lips. "There's no change. But it's okay. Instead of feeling more of a vampire, I feel closer to both Jay and Aleksandr."

"The mood was important, I think," Jay replied with a little laugh. "But we can't do this. Not to our human or past selves. Our fathers are close, but we barely know one another. This was a one-time thing, and I don't think it'll go any further."

"Do you want it to go further?"

Jay shrugged slightly. "I mean, I am single…"

"Lovers it is, then." Heeseung was smiling slightly as Jay looked at him in confusion. "We don't know much about each other, but with what we're doing, maybe we should try. Our bodies are more familiar than our minds or hearts, so let's take time. No one needs to know. Our parents don't need to know. We can just… hold and kiss one another without knowing each other for now."

"Ah, hyung, we don't need to — I pretty much still despise Kariel for having no self-respect," Jay muttered. "Giving up his body to a vampire so easily just seems so weak."

"Hate Kariel all you want — but I want to get closer to you," Heeseung said, his tone more confident than Jay expected of him. "As much as I'd like Aleksandr to bite me, I believe my human relationships are still important. I want to be a vampire, but being with your friends — laughing, smiling, all of those humane things — it made me happy. I have no desire to make friends, but I'm happy to have a few."

Jay had almost completely forgotten that Heeseung was new in town, and that he knew no one. "So what do you want to do?"

"During the day, let's be normal — like friends," Heeseung replied. He lifted a hand, gently touching Jay's cheek and stroking his skin with his thumb. "And at night, we can get to know eachother as… lovers. Until we're close enough. I think being with a boy will make my life a bit more interesting."

"I never questioned your sexuality, actually," Jay said, frowning slightly when Heeseung's hand went slack against his cheek. "Do you like guys…?"

"I'm sure I do, because I have no problem kissing you," Heeseung shrugged. "But when I did research, I think I'm pansexual. Maybe just Jay-sexual."

"Does that mean you like me?"

"Wow, aren't you a detective?" Heeseung asked with a sarcastic gasp, earning a slight glare from Jay. He laughed before nodding slightly. "That's why I want to get closer — because we kissed, and I don't just want to be in a relationship or whatever just for the heck of it. I actually enjoy being in love, okay?"

"Isn't this a little fast?" Jay asked softly. "You got here a couple days ago and we're talking about being lovers."

"Maybe I liked you from the moment I saw you."

Jay smiled slightly, glancing down at Heeseung's hands, and then moving his gaze to his exposed neck. "So… truce? No hate? Kariel and Aleksandr will both have their goals achieved — which is to achieve solstice — and we can… fall in love?"

Heeseung raised himself from the bed. "Well, you can still bite me and ravage me like the beast you are…" He leaned above Jay, their faces a mere few centimeters apart. "Because I quite like it. I'm getting used to the pain."

"You're not supposed to enjoy it," Jay chuckled softly, his eyes flicking to Heeseung's lips. "But I don't think it'll be so often — the biting, I mean. We should go out tomorrow."

"Maybe," Heeseung shrugged. "You should feed a bit more so you don't fall ill or something. You're clearly out of it when you want blood."

Jay rolled his eyes slightly before nodding. Heeseung lied down beside him, their faces still not too far apart. Jay kept glancing at the small details on Heeseung's face, observing everything he could see. His eyes fell to his lips again, wondering about Heeseung's lipring. Did he take it out? Did he always leave it in? He never saw him take it out before. Was it fake? Whatever it was, it made him hot.

"You look like you really want to kiss me."

"Yes, I want to kiss you."

Heeseung laughed, sitting up from the bed as Jay moved raised his body. However, he was pushed down by Heeseung, who had grabbed his wrists and held him in place as their lips made contact. Jay was caught off guard, but immediately kissed back, pushing back a bit so that he could sit up from the bed to even out the playing field.

Jay sat against the velvet-textured headboard, pulling Heeseung closer by his waist as their lips fought against one another with fiery, heated movements. Heeseung kneeled in front of him, eventually creeping his hand up Jay's shirt and resting a hand on his waist. Jay didn't know what to do with his hands, so he let Heeseung do all the holding.

"Should we sleep together tonight?" Jay suddenly asked getting a strange look from the older. "Not like that, hyung — get your head out the gutter. I meant, like, sleep in the same bed."

"Whatever you want." Heeseung connected their lips again, his hand drifting to Jay's hair and gently tangling his fingers in the mess of blackness. Jay tilted his head, feeling his tongue collide with Heeseung's and he laughed slightly, pulling away to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired," Jay muttered, "and I'm sure you are as well. As much as I'd like to kiss you, you're probably suffering from a lack of iron."

"You're not wrong, I am actually a little dizzy from earlier," Heeseung said with a tiny laugh. He gently pecked Jay's lips before moving away and lying down on the bed. "We can sleep together. I'm okay with it."

Jay soon joined him, and although it was slightly awkward, they held one another as they cuddled. Jay was selected to be the big spoon and he held Heeseung's waist as they both fell asleep together. He had no idea he and Heeseung would resort to that kind of relationship. They saw past the goal to become fully vampire, and chose the human path of falling in love to get closer.

Jay had never had a boyfriend before, and maybe he and Heeseung would both discover how to treat one another as they got closer. The sudden turnaround was different, but in reality, they couldn't keep up the facade of hate. Heeseung knew Kariel had fallen deeply for his friend Aleksandr, who only deemed him an enemy, while Aleksandr despised Kariel for his lack of self-respect.

Yet their now human and half-human hosts would slowly fall in love.

Who knows what else will happen further.

[ triple update because ily and heejay finally did The Thing™ ]