Despair Disease Kaito lol

Lol I wrote this very impulsively because i needed to distract myself so yes

This is kinda angsty and more platonic than romantic but idc because they r my boys and i get to do what i want

This takes place in chapter 3, but i change the motive obviously

Also Gonta is literally non existent in this I kinda forgot about him 😰

Protective Shuichi moment lol

-

Shuichi sat in the dining hall with a few of his classmates, it'd been almost a day since they'd witnessed two more of their friends' deaths. It was so strange not having Kirumi there to deliver them breakfast in the morning. Shuichi looked up to see a few more people walk into the dining hall, making everybody but Kaito present.

"That's.. strange," Shuichi muttered.

Kaito wasn't the kind of person to be so late, but it was too early for something to have happened to him. Right? Before Shuichi could pursue the thought Monokuma popped out of thin air.

"Phuhu! It seems Shuichi has noticed a little something is missing!" Monokuma giggled, "You'd better go find him, who knows, he might've died!"

"Wait, who's missing?" Kokichi looked around the room, "Oh! I guess that space idiot was so insignificant I forgot about him."

"Shut up Kokichi," Maki stood in the corner of the room, glaring daggers at him.

"I wouldn't be saying anything if I were you, miss assassin, as far as we know, you killed him!"

Shuichi stood up, "I'll see if he's in his room."

"Orrrrr, you just wanna give him a bj!" Miu yelled out.

"Can you not take anything seriously?" Maki replied.

The group continued to bicker as Shuichi left, seeming to be the only person that wanted to check up on Kaito.

He stepped into the dorm building and took a deep breath before knocking on Kaito's door.

"Kaito? It's Shuichi, can you let me in?" He tried to sound as normal as he could, but there was still a tremble in his voice.

Just as he was about to knock again, the door creaked open.

"Shuichi..?" a timid voice said.

"Is that you Kaito? Can I come in?"

Kaito opened the door a bit more, showing a tear stained face.

"Kaito!-"

Before Shuichi could ask what was wrong, Monokuma popped up once again, "Oh boohoo, he isn't dead."

"Did you do something to him?" Shuichi snapped back.

"Well duh, we've gotta have a new motive!"

"What did you do this time?!"

"Well, everybody likes a good throwback! Kaito has the Despair Disease!"

"Despair Disease? Throwback? What?"

"Phuhu! Head back to the dining hall and I'll explain!" Monokuma disappeared, leaving Shuichi in confusion.

"Do I have to go to the dining hall too?" Kaito asked in a soft voice.

"If we want to figure out what's up with you, then yes. Do you want to wash your face before we go?"

Kaito shook his head and stepped out of his room nervously. When the two started walking Kaito immediately grabbed Shuichi's hand and squeezed it tight.