Chapter 20

Hello there. my friends :)

Last couple of chapters have been almost annoyling short and I realized that it is probably better to give you an update once in a while that's nice and long rather than update right away with a super short chapter, so hopefully this chapter will be better than the others.

Here is chapter 20 <3

xox

Cassie

*********************************************************************************************************************

Serena was a ticking time bomb. Sick from all of the medication that surged through her blood, she was ready to die at any moment.

Lying in bed, unable to walk, she stared at the blue rings on her fingers, the chemotherapy's last warning for her death.

And in a sudden whirlwind of feelings, there was blood.

Everywhere.

She retched up blood, spattering the ghostly white sheets which she lay in. It poured down her nose like a waterfall. Even scarier, it trickled from her eyes, little droplets falling from her thin lashes.

The nurse came in at the excact moment - she was supposed to give Serena another test that day, but ended up carrying the suffering girl's body to the emergency room.

Serena was placed on another bed, which quickly flushed red from the blood. Nurses gave her blood transfusions, but it just continued to pour out.

Many nurses gathered round Serena's sickly frame and tried to help her - she was half out of it but still crying.

Jillian, the nurse Serena despised, slowly said, "Do you think it's time to put the poor girl out of her misery."

Mei stared hard at her. "No. This girl is a fighter - and her chemo is working."

Another nurse, a redhead, piped up. "But she's dying right now and there's no way she will survive long enough for the chemo to put her into remission."

Mei closed her eyes. "I know this girl will fight her way through this."

The redhead spoke again. "It's unfair of us to let her suffer."

Most of the nurses nodded their heads, a couple "yeah"s and "she's right"s were said.

Mei stood up, fingers shaking from fear. "Listen, all of you!" she screamed. "This girl has lost so much over the years from cancer. She can't lose her life."

And one by one, all of the nurses bowed their heads to Mei, the woman who was determined to save Serena's life.

***************************************************************************************************************

 "Let me in!"

"No, you-"

"Let me in!"

Harry was having a, er, loud conversation with Jillian.

"Look, Harry," Jillian said, hands on her hips. "It was Serena's last wish for us to not let you see her. We need to respects Serena's privacy - especially in a time like this, where every minute is a gift for her."

Harry hastily combed his hair back with his hand. "Please, it's my only wish to see her. I don't even know what state she's in right now - and that makes me feel uneasy."

"She's very, very, ill," Jillian explained. "We think this may be her last hour that she is ... with us."

"I need to see her," Harry's lip trembled.