Chapter 15

Hi there you sweethearts!

I haven't updated in a while, yeah sorry :/

But anyways I'm doing it now.

So yeah. I'm being goood.

Ahh, how I love awkwardness.

Hehe

xox

~Cassie

.................................................................................................................................................

As Harry lay still in bed, the blank ceiling became suddenly a world of confusion and frustration, and his emotions became clear.

Why was Serena still in a coma?

It had been months. Five months. And she hadn't shown any signs of getting better.

She was on life support, tubes stuck in her so you could barely see her face.

And it wasn't the fact that she could die that Harry cared about. It was that she was pretty much already dead. He couldn't talk to her, and he was never sure if she could even hear anything he said to her while she lay there, unconsious.

Louis popped his head into Harry's room.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hey," Harry responded, eyes still fixated on the ceiling.

Louis entered, holding a nicely wrapped gift in his hand. "Happy birthday, Harry," he said slowly, handing the box to Harry.

Harry tried to smile and accpeted the gift. He'd forgotton it was his nineteenth birthday.

They both sat on Harry's bed for a while until Louis said, "Want to open it?"

Harry sighed and fingered the blue ribbon. "Guess so."

Harry slowly unwrapped the present, making sure no creases or rips were created.

"A watch," Harry said, looking at it blankly.

And it really was a nice watch. Expensive, with diamonds around the sides.

"Yeah, but look," Louis said, taking the watch from Harry and flipping the top around.

Inside there was a picture of Harry and Serena. Harry was kissing her cheek and Serena was smiling at the camera. Louis had taken that picture.

"Why ..." Harry's eyes filled with tears as he spoke.

"To remember her. If she goes away, or if she stays," Louis answered, holding back some tears himself.

Harry stared at it. He really hoped that he didn't have to remember her. That she would always be here.

Harry was staring at the watch as his blind hope boiled to anger and hate.

The next moment, the watch was on the ground, a million shiny pieces.

"Harry!" Louis gasped, shocked.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Harry screamed, stamping his foot on the remains of the watch.

"What do you mean? It was a gift to make you feel better!" Louis ran his hands through his thick waves of hair.

"My girlfriend is dying, and I was hopeful, but you shattered that by making me believe she will die!" Harry cried out, his heart hurting.

"I was only trying to make you feel better! And do you know how much that cost?" Louis questioned, hands on hips.

Harry locked eyes with him for a few moments. "Do. You. Think," he started, steam practically pouring out of his ears. "That I really care about money?"

He collapsed to the ground crying. "I just want her back, Louis!" he cried, tears streaming down his face.

Louis' face softened and he slowly made his way over to Harry's side. "Hey," he said quietly, rubbing Harry's back.

He held up Harry's arm and gingerly removed a piece of metal that had stuck into his arm and cut through the skin, making him bleed.

"We better get a bandage or something for that," he whispered, patting Harry's back again.

"I don't really care," Harry said, except this time he didn't seem angry.

"I know."

Harry sighed and clutched his forehead with his hands. "I don't care about anything else but her anymore."

"I know."

"I swear, Louis."

Louis brushed Harry's cheek softly. "Of course," he said quietly.

***

Big purple clouds floated across the sky. The grass was a lovely spring green, strawberry patches sprouting up everywhere.

Serena's hair was long and dark, the waves trailing down her shoulders.

Serena bent down to pick one strawberry, then carefully popped it into her mouth. Heaven, it tasted like.

A pair of hands were placed on her shoulders. Unaware of who it was, she shreiked and swirled around gracefully, as a ballerina might.

She saw his smiling face, like a sun surrounded by rays of beautiful brown curls.

Serena reached out to touch them. "But you don't have curls," she said innocently.

"I don't," the beautiful boy said sadly. "But Harry does."

"I like your curls," Serena said slowly. "But you'd be pretty handsome without them, too."

The boy smiled. "Thank you. You'd be beautiful bald, too."

Her eyes snapped open in an instant. The tube down her throat seemed impossibly uncomfortable, and she yanked it right out of there.

Coughing, she proceeded to pull every other possible thing she could out of her. Everything just seemed unbearable, and she knew who she had to see.

The IV she couldn't get out, so she simply dragged it behing her. She had walked with IVs a million times before, anyways.

She somehow knew which door was right. She leaned her head to it. She could hear him talking.

She yanked open the door.

"Harry-"

************************************************************************************************

So how did you like it. I tried really, really hard on this chapter so I hope you enjoy it.

Oh and this story will be getting a trailer soon ... I think ...

Anyways, stay beautiful.

xox

Cassie