Chapter 14

Hello guys :)

I haven't updated in a while so I thought I would now.

I got some nice comments on my last chapter, thanks for that ^-^

OH! And just to give you a picture of Serena, cuz I realized you probs dont know, the picture on the side is of her, or at least the closest I could get. Cute, right? :)

And I'm an idiot for not posting music to my fanfics so, yeah, Moments works for this one, the chapter's kinda heart-breaking, and it DOES RELATE! hehe ;)

Well enough small talk. Here you go!

************************************************************************************

Louis awoke, disoriented and feeling sick. "Where am I?" he whispered, eyes still shut, unaware if anyone was even there.

"The hospital. Are you feeling okay?" an Asian accent said slowly.

Louis opened his china blue eyes to see the face of a woman, an nurse, who had thick black hair dyed with red streaks. She appeared to be Asian, not only by looks but by speech.

"I feel sick, a little nauseous, but no pains," Louis said, as the nurse nodded and cocked her head slightly.

"Okay, well we can't give you any more anti-nausea medication, but I think you will make a fine recovery," The nurse said in her rolling accent. "I'm Mei, by the way."

"Hi Mei," Louis said weakly. Mei laughed at this and said a little "hi" back.

"So," Louis said slowly, twiddling his thumbs. "How is Serena doing? The doctors said this was a risky surgery, and she wasn't excactly in the best of health to start with, so .... is she okay? Or, will she be okay?"

Mei put her hand on her neck and looked down. "Ummm ..." she said, looking uncomfortable. "Well... well ..."

"What?" Louis said sharply.

"I wasn't supposed to be the one to tell you this," Mei started. "And I wasn't excactly ready. But Serena didn't do so well in surgery."

"What do you mean? She's DEAD?" Louis asked frantically.

"No, no, she isn't dead!" Mei said, touching Louis's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. "But she is in intensive care. She was just so weak ... her body couldn't handle the surgery. So now she's in intensive care."

"Can you be a bit more specific? What excactly happened?" Louis asked, not only annoyed but worried. Serena could die!

"Well, after the surgery her body went into shock," Mei said, patting down a piece of firetruck red hair with her left hand. "She slipped into a coma shortly after the surgery. It was not something we expected, but not unexpected either."

Louis an his hand through his thick brown hair. What would Harry think? Harry was probably bawling at the moment.

"Does ... does Harry know?" Louis asked, anticipating the answer.

"No ... no, I don't think so," Mei shook her head.

"Oh," Louis was glad Harry didn't know about this, yet at the same time he would have to deal with Harry later. He would have to find out sometime, probably today.

Mei's head shot up. "Speaking of Harry, would you like to see him? He would be happy to know that you are okay!" she said, rather joyfully.

"Um..." Louis said. It wasn't that he didn't want to see Harry, it's just that if he did Harry might ask about Serena.

"I'll go get him!" Mei, said, clapping her hands lightly like a child.

Louis facepalmed himself as Mei scampered off. Oh, jeez. This would not end well, he could already tell.

***

"Why are you taking me here?" Harry asked. He wiped at his bloodshot eyes. He had been crying before this nurse got to him.

The nurse, who was a funky little woman with red and black hair, walked swiftly right up next to him.

"Hi," she said in a rolling accent. "I'm Mei. Are you Harry?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah," he said, barely audible.

"Would you like to see Louis? He's doing fine," Mei said, tapping her long, sparkly blue nails against her clipboard.

"C-can I see Serena?" Harry asked, voice trembling.

"She - uh, not right now," Mei stuttered. "Come here, I will lead you to Louis' room."

Harry was curious as to why he couldn't see Serena, but he decided to not ask. He was afraid the answer would be she was dead.

Harry slowly walked into Louis' hospital room, heart and body aching.

Louis was laying down on the hospital bed. "Hi, Harry," he said meekly.

Mei blushed and said, "I'll give you some privacy now," then scampered away.

"Hi, Lou," Harry said, still and quiet. "How're you feeling?"

"A little tired, but nothing too serious," Louis answered, his eyes looking down at his chest nervously.

"So..." Harry started.

Louis closed his eyes and sighed, knowing excactly what Harry would say next.

"Is Serena, um, good too?" Harry rubbed his hand on the back of his neck in anticipation.

"Ahhh ... well," Louis said softly.

"Just tell me, Louis, please," Harry begged.

"She's - she's in a coma," Louis blurted out.

Harry's face fell instantly. "What?" he said, a tear running down his cheek.

"Harry, she might be okay," Louis tried to calm him down.

Harry sat down in a chair and breathed heavily. "Nothing will ever stop," he said, voice dripping with melancholy. "She's sick, always on the edge of death. She always has been, and never got to just live."

"Harry," Louis sighed.

"I need to see her," Harry said, voice heavy and desperate. And he ran straight out the door and made a beeline to the receptionist.

"Where's Serena Dawson's room?" he asked frantically.

The receptionist, a short old-ish lady with a gray bob looked surprised and flustered. "Um, Room 106, but she's in the ICU, you can't-"

Harry didn't let her finish. He just ran.

All of a sudden Room 106 was right in front of him. He pulled the door open and rushed inside.

Serena lay there, tubes and machinesa surrounding her.

Her pale face was locked into a sort of unreadable expression, neither happy nor sad.

Her lips, unnaturally chapped, gray and dead-looking.

A little piece of her was still alive.

Harry grazed her finger, and then was pulled back.

And as nurses tried to push him out the door, he thought that little piece would have to fight to survive.

To make the rest survive, too.

**********************************************************************

Gahhh, sorry about not posting in a while. I'm busy :(

Annnnd if you look at the lyrics in Moments it kinda relates. "Before you leave me today," cuz, she's basically on the brink of death by now. :( I'm sorry.

PRETTY PLEASE FAN ME ILL TALK 2 U!

haha :P

xox

Cassie <3