Chapter 6

Hi guys!

So basically, school starts tomorrow. Which means I probably won't be updating as often as ususal, but I'll try <3!

This Chapter is dedicated to @BelWatson because she made me a cover! Yay! Finally this story has a cover!

xox

Cassie

**********************************************************************************

The suicide scenario just seemed to make Harry and Serena closer. They spent all their time together. Everything was better when they were together.

Serena was starting to feel a tiny glimmer of hope.

Her story wasn't written out for her.

She wasn't destined to die from cancer; who ever decided that?

So Serena decided to keep on trying and fighting.

She had a chance.

***

One night, as Serena was lying down in her bed, feeling a bit nauseous from her treatments, she looked outside. It was pouring rain. There were beautiful purple flowers growing outside, yellow tubes burst from the center, wet with raindrops.

Suddenly, her door opened slowly.

It was Harry. Serena smiled.

But then she noticed his face was grim.

"What's wrong?" she asked him, frowning.

"Serena..." he started to say.

Serena's eyes widened.

"Your mother - they found out about her,"

Serena sighed and felt a pang of sadness, "How?" she managed to squeak out, her voice shrill and strangled.

"They found her bady hang-"

"You know what? I don't really want to know," Serena said, cupping her face in her hands and sighing again.

Harry looked at her and took her hand in his.

"Serena?" he whispered.

"Yeah?" she whispered back.

"Can I tell you something wonderful?" he asked.

"O-of course," Serena replied, puzzled.

And all of a sudden, his knees started shaking and his face went pale. He opened up his mouth but no words came out, only a small, practically undetectable, high-pitched sound. His eyes glistened and he managed a shy smile. You could see he was going to say something important by the way he squeezed her hand a little tighter before he began to speak.

"I-I'm eighteen," he said.

Serena was confused. "Yes, I know that," she said, confused about why he was telling her something she already knew so seriously.

"And you're fifteen," he said.

"Sixteen in excactly two weeks," Serena said.

"Oh," Harry said. "I didn't know that."

Serena nodded.

"But anyways, I realized, last night, I'm in love with you and you have no legal guardian. I'm old enough to be your legal g-guardian, Serena," his words dripped with love for his sweet, sick, ittle girlfriend.

Serena looked deeply at him, her eyes flickering.

"Do you want me to be your legal guardian?" he asked, knees shaking violently.