Chapter 10

Hey there beautiful!

So i have not updated in a long, long, while. I'm super sorry writing buddies <3 but i have to put my schoolwork first!

But, hey, today is Sunday so i have a little free time which i will spend on this little story!

xox

Cassie

*******************************************************************************************************************

For one moment, Serena was in ecstasy.

She had just awoken. Her cold feet touched her lovely boyfriend's warm ones. The sun was shining in on his beautiful boyish face as he slept soundly.

Then Serena felt a jolt of pain.

It shot through the side of her body, as if tendons and organs were being ripped to shreds instantaniousely. It surged up to her neck and made her hands tremble with the electrifying pain and fear.

She screamed out, hoping for somebody to help her.

Immeadiately Harry awaked, and as soon as his pretty green eyes opened to see his girlfriend hunched over and screaming in pain, he rushed to her side.

He was crouched on his knees on the bed, clutching both of Serena's hands.

"What's wrong? What's wrong? What's wrong?" he asked frantically, trembling at the sight of his poor little lover.

"I-It hurts b-bad," Serena managed to say.

Gulping down fear, Harry leaned over to the side of the wall, still holding on to his beautiful girlfriend, and pressed the button for a nurse.

Shaking, Serena laid her head down in Harry's lap and clutched his hands tight, letting out a bloodcurdling scream.

Harry's eyes were locked on his girlfriend's struggling body trembling, so ill, so thin, which held a beautiful girl trapped in a sea of hopelessness.

A nurse, the same nurse Elle who had given Serena her first chemotherapy at the hospital, rushed in the room.

"O-oh," Elle's voice strained at the sight of Serena.

Elle rushed over to Serena's side and held her hand.

"What hurts?" Elle said, trying to stay calm, cool, and collected for the sake of the awfully sick young girl.

"S-side," Serena gasped out, letting out another scream.

Elle, looking a bit frazzled as she was a rather inexperienced nurse, realized that Serena was not really able to carry on a conversation at this time.

She simply called for a gurney, which arrived almost immeadiately.

Serena was set down and Elle began to roll her away.

'Wait!" Harry wailed. "Where is she going?"

"Emergency surgery. Something is definitely wrong," Elle explained.

Eyes tearing up, Harry leaned up on his toes a bit to see the face of his innocent little girl, the girl he loved, sick and disoriented.

"Bye," Harry said softly, his voice cracking, wondering if he would ever see his girlfriend again.

***

Harry was sitting in the waiting room, waiting for his wonderful girlfriend to return.

 He laid down in Louis' shoulder. All of the boys had come to wait with him as soon as they had heard the news about Serena.

Slowly, Harry began to cry again, hard little trembles surging through his ribcage as he breathed heavily.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," Louis cooed, putting his arm around Harry's shoulder, rubbing it a little bit in an attempt to comfort him.

"What if she doesn't come back?" Harry said, avoiding the word "die," knowing he would collapse if he or anyone else said it.

"She will make it through this surgery," Louis told Harry, patting the back of the ill boy full of wonderful love and heartbreak.

Harry looked up at Louis in a way that showed him he didn't really believe the word that came out of the older boy's mouth.

"Promise," Louis said, squeezing Harry into a hug.

Liam came up to them and joined in on the hug. "She will," he whispered.

Niall came up too. "I believe she will, too."

Finally Zayn. "I promise you that she will."

Harry let out another cry, hugging these four boys who had pushed him throught the awful, terrorizing fear that plagued him when he had been diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia, and continued to care for him when the most beautiful girl he had ever met, the one he was in love with, happened to be somebody suffering the same fate.

"I love you all," Harry whispered, his lips moving slowly as a tear rolled down the side of his sick-looking face.

"I love you, too, Harry," Niall whispered in response. "I will always love you, even when you are grumpy from all of this horrible madness, I love you because you are one of my best friends I have ever had."

"Niall, that's beautiful," Zayn spoke in a trembling voice, surprising as the boy rarely showed sensitivity.

Liam nodded his head, his brown eyes flickering with an overwhelming urge to find out what was going on with Serena.

"Zayn," Harry said, "You have been so strong through this whole experience, never once cried, never screamed about how unfair it was, never broken down and just hated everything. You can cry. It's okay to cry."

Zayn shook his head.

Harry nodded. "Yes, you can."

Zayn let out a breath.

One lone tear went down his cheek.

Harry's thin, sickly, trembling fingers reached up the Zayn's full, boyish cheeks and wiped away the little tear.

"See? Like it was never there," Harry's voice was slow and high, like a young child when they are very sad.

Zayn breathed in deep. "I hate this, I hate all of this terrible shit that is happening in our lives now, it just sucks," he said in an awful voice full of frustration.

"It does," Louis agreed, shaking a bit.

Harry sighed.

"I just cannot wait anymore, guys. I need to know if Serena is going to be okay or not," he said in a low voice.

Just as those words popped out of Harry's mouth, the surgeon walked through the door, his face expressionless.

************************************************************************************************

MAJOR DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha sorry about the cliffhanger.

But if you are anticipating the next chapter, then that is good for me because it means you are enjoying this story!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

xox

Cassie