Chapter 1: Fun Times

John B, JJ, Kie, Pope and Lila were at an unfinished house messing around, John B and JJ were drunk

John B, JJ, Kie, Pope and Lila were at an unfinished house messing around, John B and JJ were drunk. John B stood on the top of the roof with his foot in the air hovering. Lila sat down next to JJ on the stand on the deck as she watched her brother acting stupid.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope guessed, holding up a drill. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

"Hm." John B hummed. He put his finger in his mouth before holding out his finger in front of him. "Should I do it?"

Lila watched the waves of the ocean before she rolled her eyes at his comment, getting up from beside JJ. Her brother didn't notice her climbing onto the roof of the house because of his drunken state.

"Yeah, jump." Pope led him on. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?" John B questioned.

"Yep." Pope replied.

John B held out a finger gun as he whistled, "pew."

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie walked out of the house with an irritated look on her face as she joined the group outside.

"Of course." JJ spoke, believing her words. "Why wouldn't they?"

"This used to be a turtle habitat." Kie shared with them. "But who cares about the turtles, I guess?"

"I care about the turtles!" Lila exclaimed. John B flinched at the sound of his sister. He was already unstable, her voice causing him to almost fall off the roof. "Be careful, bitchboy."

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie nonchalantly asked him, agreeing with Lila.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ stated.

John B didn't get JJ's memo. He showed that when he dropped the said beer onto the deck, spilling everywhere. "Whoa! Oh, shit."

"Of course you did. Right when I said that." JJ complained.

John B whined like a child at the sight of his beer scattering the wooden deck. Lila laughed at her brother's stupidity before she looked at their surroundings. She continued looking around when her eyes darted towards the police cars pulling into the driveway. "Hey guys, security."

Lila slid down the roof smoothly until she reached the end. She was about to have a horrific fall, almost falling off of the stand on the deck when JJ caught her in his arms.

"Thanks." She thanked him breathlessly.

He placed her down on the ground before she started running with him following shortly afterward.

"Gary, good to see you, man!" JJ yelled to one of the guards, taunting them.

The teens all ran throughout the house, taking a sharp turn at the stairs. They laughed as they ran down the stairs, trying to avoid the guards.

"JJ!" The guard yelled.

The cops were chasing JJ mostly because he was a normal "occurrence" for them. Lila knew about JJ's troubles and always bailed him out when he needed it. One of the guards reached towards JJ and almost caught him but JJ slid on the ground, avoiding his hand. Lila grabbed his hand, pulling him the other way where the fence was.

Lila hopped over the wooden fence before the others and ran to the VW van. She swung open the door before she hopped in the drivers seat where John B usually sat.

"What are you doing?!" He questioned her when he saw her.

"I'm driving!" She responded. She was about to start the car when she realized she didn't have the keys. "Hand me your keys and hop in!"

He reluctantly obeyed and threw her the keys which she luckily caught. He ran to the other side of the van and sat down in the passenger's seat beside his sister. She jumped lightly when she heard the van's back door open, not knowing who it was. She turned her head to see that Kie hopped into the back.

"Bus is leaving!" JJ shouted to Pope.

"Come on, boys! Whoo!" Kie cheered.

Both JJ and Pope hopped into the back before the cops could catch them. Lila pressed her foot onto the gas pedal of the car, starting to drive away before the cops could reach them.

"Hey, hey! Hey! Hey!" Lila heard the guard shouting as he chased the car.

"Check out Gary, gunnin' for a raise." Pope joked as they watched Gary struggling to catch them.

"Come on, Gary!" JJ taunted. "Wait. Slow down."

Lila hesitantly listened to JJ and slowed down. She looked through the rearview mirror as she watched them taunting Gary. JJ held a can of Coca Cola, getting the man to chase them more.

"Hey! You're gonna give him a heart attack." Kie warned them jokingly.

"You're so close! You can do it. There you go." He cheered him on before he threw him the can. "They don't pay you enough, bro."

"JJ, stop. Stop." Kie begged as she pulled him back into the car fully.

"Oh, come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." He commented, making Lila roll her eyes.

After they shut the door, Lila pressed the gas pedal harder, making the car go at rapid speed. They all shouted in joy like kids on a rollercoaster.

"Woah! Slow down!" Her older twin brother advised.

"Relax!"

She was driving at 50 miles an hour when they reached the well-known bridge. They finally passed the familiar sign that said, "Welcome to Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth."

Not so much a paradise after today...