Chapter 6: Aren't Meant To Be

What Lila saw in the small little gap was a packet, like if you were to mail something small then you'd put it into a packet

What Lila saw in the small little gap was a packet, like if you were to mail something small then you'd put it into a packet. Lila grabbed the packet out of the crevice, shining her flashlight on the packet to see writing.

To Bird & Flower

Lila's lips parted at the sight. "John B..."

Lila handed the packet to John B, letting him take a look. Lila handed Pope the lantern whilst she climbed out of the tomb. She gripped onto the top of the tomb, throwing herself over the stone wall.

"That's not gold." Pope guessed.

"Holy shit." John B cursed under his breath. "This is from my dad."

JJ was smoking in the corner when he chimed in on the conversation. "Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!"

Hearing JJ's warning, Lila and the rest of the group rushed away from the two men. They moved away from the light, hiding in the darkness behind the tomb. JJ took a peak at the men heading towards them. "Homie's got a gun."

"Screw this."

Kie got up, leading to the rest of them to stand up. They started running towards the gate of the cemetery with the men following.

"Right here!" One of the men spoke.

They hopped over the cemetery fence without a problem until they saw Pope stuck on the fence. "Guys, I'm stuck."

"I got you." JJ pulled out the gun from his bag, aiming it towards Pope. "No. Pope, don't move, okay?"

Thankfully, John B stopped him before he fired. Lila ran over to the panicking boy, grabbing him by the hem of his shirt. She pulled him away from the fence, letting his jean shorts stretch on the fence.

"You're gonna rip me. Wait. You're gonna rip me!" Pope exclaimed.

"You're fine." Lila assured him.

Finally, he budged. He landed on his feet perfectly, able to rush away... without his pants.

John B giggled at the sight of Pope in his underwear. "It's a little Tootsie Roll."

All of them hopped into the van, Lila hopped back in the front with John B while the rest of the group got into the back.

...

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope reminded JJ.

JJ was in the kitchen making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, spreading peanut butter all over moldy bread.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ insisted. "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"JJ!" Kie called the blonde into the room.