Chapter Two: Intorduction To My Life: The Sequel.

I try to focus on algebra I swear I try, but Tyler is sitting across me, and keeps sending me notes with jokes on them.

Why did the energizer bunny go to jail? Apparently he was charged with battery.

Chemistry wasn't any better, maybe it was because Sam was sitting next to Sandra, in front of me, and she kept reaching out to touch his knee, yeah, maybe. I wouldn't know.

At last lunch period arrived, and if anything can making anyone, any human being that is, feel better after three classes of pure torture, it has to be food, well, not the school cafeteria food, but food none the less.

After stuffing my tray with food my mother wouldn't approve of in a million years, I sit on our table at the far corner of the cafeteria, where Tyler, Jasmine and Eric are already sitting.

"Hey Tyler," Jasmine says as soon as I sit down "is Sam going to sit with us today?"

She yelps, when I kick her chin, but refrains herself from making any other comments.

Tyler, who is busy with his French fries, fails to notice the eye glances exchange between us and says "I don't know, maybe he and Sandra are getting hot and heavy in the janitors closet."

I flush scarlet, but to distract myself I say "Why the janitor closet? That’s so cliché, how about the chemistry lab."

"No, they can spill some of the contents of the beakers, and cause an explosion_" "You watch too much movies" "_the girls’ bathroom maybe?"

"No, one of the girls can walk in at any time_"

And that's how I spent my lunch arguing about places where the love of my life and some skank are going at it, it's not a surprise when I say that I lost my appetite.

Sam and I share home education together, thankfully a class without Sandra, where he finally remembers that not only do I exist, but I'm also his best friend.

"Hey." he smiles at me as he takes the seat across mine.

I smile back, and try to ignore the fact that his lips are swollen, or that his cheeks are blushing, or that his hair is even more messy than usual.

"So," he says, as he starts to draw patterns across my arm with his index, shooting small strands of warmth into my body "I heard something very interesting today." he grins.

Oh my god! He knows? He knows. He knows! Jasmine ran her big mouth, Oh lord, I'm going to murder her, I try to appear composed and non-caring as I arch one eyebrow at him in question.

"Well, I won't tell you so easily, you have to do something with me first." he smiles again, and my heart flutters for him.

"What?" I murmur.

"You have to hang out with me today, only me, I don't see you anymore."

And whose fault is that is on the lip of my tongue, but I bite it back, and instead smile, and manage to squeeze a sure.

I can summarize my presence in home education in one word, Food.

My strategy with Sam is very simple, he and I partner up with different people, usually ones who know how to cook, watch as they whip magic out of thin air, wait by the teacher to be graded, then split half the treasury with our partners, and outside to the fields with head as we split the spoils of war. Today was not different.

"So what's up with you and Sandra?" I ask, after we made ourselves comfortable on the wet grass, I try not to sound too interested in the answer, like my sanity doesn't depend on it.