Chapter Eight: Petunias and Body Wash.

I find out I that I have missed the bus, so I have to call mom to come pick me up, she comes two hours late, and it started raining half an hour ago, perfect ending for the perfect day.

I feel like I'm about to burst in tears any moment now, but because I'm a strong girl, I wait till I'm in the safety of my room to start sobbing, it's silly, really, so, a little rain, and I start crying like a little girl?

I thought I was stronger than this, I'm stronger than this, so I wipe my tears, wash my face with soap and then undress and redress into a soft silk pajama, the day I had I deserve it.

I head into the kitchen, and open the freezer, looking longingly at Ben & Jerry's, but I'm not pathetic enough to start drowning my sorrows with ice-creams.

So instead I open the cupboard and locate my secret stash of Ramens noodles.

Yes, I won't drown my sorrows with ice-cream; instead I'm going to poison myself with Ramens.

Carrying the bowl of noodles in a hand and a cold coke in the other, I make myself comfortable on the leather couch, and channel surf to I hit jackpot, an Adventure Time marathon, if that doesn't cheer me up nothing can.

I have discovered the key to happiness.

Junk food, and Adventure time, and I was laughing like a loon from the madhouse.

Mom comes only twice to and I quote "Locate the howling I heard from my bedroom."

To my disappointment though, the marathon ends at 10 o'clock, and the phone rings at 10:05.

I dash to the phone hoping that it is Sam, and he's calling to confess his undying crush for me, but to my utter disappointment, it was Jas.

"I would have called you earlier, but I was with Eric."

"Okay."

"So what happened? Did you tell him?"

"No, I didn't."

"Well, why not?"

"I guess it's not meant to be."

"But, you can't, you have to_"

"Jasmine, I'll talk to you tomorrow, right now I'm tired."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

And I hanged up.

The next day I woke up feeling slightly better, but resigned to my fate, my fate was to love Sam forever, while watching him fall in love with other people, and pretending like I wasn't hurting.

I was the friend, I'm in friend zone, and I'm never getting out, I might as well accept it.

Today, I didn't bother dressing up, in fact I dressed like I felt, in a pair of ripped jeans, and a light blue tank top, I wondered if I should bother with shoes at all, then remembered the school dress code, and decided that on top of how I felt I didn't need detention.

I waited for Sam outside my house, till it became 8:20, and there was still no sign of him, so I called him, and after a while, his sleepy voice answered "Hello?"

"Sam, where are you?"

"Lee? Oh, shit! Lee! Damn, Ugh, I forgot to tell you man, I have been suspended, so I won't come to pick you up."

The good times just keep on coming.

"Damn it Sam! You could have told me earlier! Its 8:15, school starts at 8:30, and I missed the bus!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Lee, I can still come get you, but it'll take me like 5 minutes to get dressed and then 5 more to come to your house, and then 10 to go to school, and you'll be late."