5| The Little Sister's First Mission

Imperial Execution Ground

Kurome's group is strengthened by a method which is the polar opposite of the one used on Akame's group. Her real battles are about to begin...

Five prisoners, two females and three males, stood in front of Bill and next to an Imperial officer. The scientist in charge of the remaining children meant to be assassins stood in front of the prisoners with his arms behind his back.

Bill: "You are despicable beasts that sow seeds of sorrow and threaten the peace of the Empire. You will be executed. Do it."

He snaps his fingers, five children that were about the age as Akame and the others. Albeit a little bit younger. One of them was Kurome, Akame's younger sister.

One of the prisoners looked shocked, watching as Kurome unsheathed her katana.

Prisoner: "What!? A little girl like this..."

The female was cut short as Kurome swung her blade, killing the prisoner instantly as her head was lopped off. The only male of the group, Natala, thrusts his spear forward, the tip of the weapon piercing one of the prisoner's neck, killing him instantly as well.

The others fared well, except for the girl with long hair. Her weapon had missed the vital spot for her kill.

Remus: "On no!"

Gin: "You idiot! You messed up again! You have to finish it in one strike!"

Finally working up the courage to finish off her target, the girl, Remus, wipes sweat off her forehead.

Remus: "Good."

Bill: That wasn't 'good,' you fool. I've giving you all a collective punishment. Clean up the execution grounds."

Remus: "Eeek!"

Natala/Womyn: "Yes, sir! Our sincere apologies!"

With their punishment now established, the group began cleaning the execution grounds. First removing the bodies, they got brooms and mops to clean up the blood that was all over the place.

Remus: "I'm sorry everyone. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry!"

Gin: "Seriously, you're such a useless dimwit! Just how many times are you going to mess it up!?"

Womyn: "You shouldn't have any problems if you aim for the vital spots..."

Natala: "Maybe part of you is hesitating."

Kurome: "If that's true, then you need to get used to this as soon as possible."

Natala: "But Kurome, you were able to do it on your own first try, right? That's amazing."

Womyn: "I had to stab four times on my try."

Kurome: (straightens bow tie) "That was just luck...I was barely conscious of what I was doing."

The young girl remembered her first time killing her target. One her first day, Bill had pushed Kurome, her swinging her katana down uncontrollably. The young girl had gasped and looked on in horror, the man she had killed bleeding out as he helplessly watched himself die.

Kurome: "I vomited all night after that..."

Natala: "Me too. I got used to it after a few days, though."

Womyn: "Anyway, I really want to try a real mission. I'm sick of just killing prisoners."

Remus: "I heard we're going to be on a real mission soon...I'm so nervous!"

Gin: "You should see it as an opportunity! We need to produce results as soon as possible and raise our kill ranks so we can catch up to the Elite Seven."