1| Circus Assassination

Northern Area of the Empire, Taigen Town

Sabitini: "Ladies and gentlemen! Next, please welcome Sabitini's promising duo, and please enjoy their acrobatic balance show! Here we have Akame-chan and Akira-kun, who will be doing their best!"

Akame: "Hello, I'm Akame!"

Akira: "And I'm Akira!"

In this town, a circus event was going on. Sabitini had introduced the two children, both having black hair, but the boy had icy blue eyes. In fact, you could almost feel a cold chill coming off from the child every time he spoke.

The crowd started to cheer wildly, the children juggling a variety of items. Whether it be jars or knives, they did it at blinding speeds, a normal eye wouldn't be able to catch up with it. 

Sabitini: "Amazing! Keep going!"

Random Guy 1: "They're still just little kids, but they're so amazing." 

Random Guy 2: "The look good, too. Looking forward to seeing how they grow up."

Sabitini: "Now you may be wondering how can these newcomers pull of such moves!? They were part of a different traveling entertainment group before! After they lost their parents in an accident, they were looking for another group, and that's when they ran into us!"

The red-eyed girl, Akame, then ran up to the blue-eyed boy. Akira lifts the girl into the air as Akame then stands on his shoulders, the ravenette balancing some plates on a few sticks. Once again, the crowd cheers wildly as gold coins start to rain in from the stands, the children having all smiles.

After the show, the children and their leader, Sabitini, head back to their tent and meet up with the rest of their traveling circus group.

Sabitini: "Our show was a success in this town, too. Traveling entertainers can earn a lot of money in times like these."

Amuria: "And the addition of the new kids was huge!"

Natalia: "Yep, they make a good intro. They hype up the main event, my dance, too."

Sabitini: "Even if it's the truth, the way they joined us works in our favor too. We got a lot of sympathy money because of Akame and Akira."

Dangan: "We have to think of the best way for us to use them, Kouga."

Kouga: "Yeah."

Outside the tent, Akira was sharpening his knife, finishing it up as he begins to balance the tip of the blade on his index finger.

Akira: "Akame, did you see the message we got while we we're performing?" 

Akame: "Yeah...isn't that dangerous?"

Akira: "I'll be fine. It's not like I'll bleed to death, or anything. Anyway, did you see what Father said?" 

Akame: "He said that 'there's a very good chance that the target will take the bait tomorrow.'"

Akira: "Hmm...this soon, huh?"

Akame: "Are you not nervous?"

Akira: "Nervous? Heh..."

The icy blue-eyed boy twirls the knife into the air before he catches it, putting it in it's sheathe as he faces Akame with a sadistic grin, his eyes dull. It was clearly different from the face he had on while performing.

Akira: "I'm just itching with excitement."

Akame: (stomach growls) "...I'm getting hungry."

Akira: (sigh) "Not even surprised. You're always like that."