14| Mission Commences

Sorry if this chapter is shorter than the last one, but there were a lot less pages to adapt. At most, a chapter in the manga is 20 or slightly more than that. Sometimes there is 30 in a chapter.

---

Outside the area of Potulu, Gozuki had the remnants of the Elite Seven meet in the briefing tent. Everyone was there, except Guy, the burly teen using the Rare Suit and was underground.

Gozuki: "There may be guards around the town, but normally they would not approach the tomb themselves. The tomb's location is quite a distance."

Najasho: "In other words, if we can get rid of the Gravekeepers, we can get our hands on the treasure."

Akira: "At the very least, we don't have to involve innocent people."

Green: "But right now, we lack intelligence. Without a map of the tomb, I doubt we will make such progress no matter how many lives we throw in."

Poney: "There probably will be a lot of traps..."

Akira noticed that Akame kept shifting around awkwardly in the back. It was only natural though. Akame was quite concerned for her younger sister.

Gozuki: "The map we got from the town only showed the first level of the tombs. I'm surprised they thought about this."

Najasho: "In the end, it seems that we underestimated our opponents."

Gozuki: "In the meantime, let's just wait until Guy comes back from underground. The other groups are also busy collecting information. Let's make our move when we know more about what we're up against."

Akame: "In-In order to gather more intelligence, let's make our first move and draw their attention! Let me enter the tombs to distract them. How is that?"

Gozuki: "Under the current circumstances, we can't take a risk losing you guys and attack first."

This causes Akame to look down and grit her teeth in frustration. Green was the first to notice, looking at her worriedly. Akira noticed it as well, but he did nothing. He still felt conflicted about what happened with Cornelia.

Gozuki: "But, it seems like we don't have a choice. Understand?"

Akame looked shocked, but she soon brightened up. Najasho seemed to understand.

Najasho: "So we draw them out. Then?"

Poney: (confused) "Draw them out?"

Akira: (deadpan) "Lure them out, dumbass."

Poney: "I-I knew that!"

Gozuki: "Let two people enter the area of the tombs. When the Gravekeepers come, capture them. If we can capture them, we'll have ways to dealing with them. Then we'll be able to get a hold of a lot of information."

Akame: "Then let me go, I'll make sure I'll get my hands on them!"

Poney: "I'm going as well!"

Green: "Wait. Poney's personality isn't compatible."

Poney: "Are you suggesting Akira go, then!?"

Akira: "No he's not, idiot. Prometheus isn't suited for silent missions. It's best if Akame and Green go."

Green: "Yeah. Leave this to me and my Sidewinder, and I'll get this done."

Gozuki: "They're right. This mission is more suitable for you, Green. I'll be leaving Akame in your care. Keep an eye on her, and don't let her charge into the tombs like an idiot."