5- The text

Y/N - your name
!TW! Panic attack, mention of abuse

<if there are any spelling or punctuation mistakes I apologize in advance, I did not proof read this chapter :] >

—————-

You watch as the sun slowly starts to set, disappearing below the horizon. It isn't as hot as it was an hour ago. You sit still a little bit damp with a towel wrapped around you. Everyone now fully out of the water, sitting around waiting for Clay to start the fire. Everyone decided it would be fun to have a beach bonfire tonight, you of course loved the idea.

~~~~~~~

"Aye, fire!"
Tommy yells noticing Clay has finally gotten the fire going. Everyone was sitting around the not yet big fire in the folding camping chairs they brought.
You were sitting back on the shore of the lake with Clay on you right, beside clay was George. Across from you sat Bad and Karl. To your left was Quackity, and to the right of George was Tommy and Sapnap. You were all sat in a spread out circle around the now big fire.

Everyone sat in a comfortable silence, just looking into the mesmerizing fire.
The only noise being heard was Rat grooming herself on the floor right beside Bads chair.

After a minute or two of everyone just relaxing around the fire Sapnap broke the silence.
"Do you guys wanna listen to music or something?"

"Ooo sure!"
Karl says unlocking his eyes from the fire.

(Quick A/N: the music I'm going to be using is the music I listen to so if you don't like it you could just ignore it :] )

"Ok, any recommendations?"
Sapnap asks the group.
"Yes, play Sweater Weather!"
Karl requests excitedly.
"Ok, nice one!"
Sapnap says smiling, quickly turning bright pink.

(Song: Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood)

Right when the song starts playing Karl immediately started singing along while dancing in his seat.

•-And all I am is a man I want the world in my hands-•

Quackity joins in moments after, starting to dance in his chair as well. You loved hearing everyone sing along to the music it made you feel warm inside.

•-Touch my neck and I'll touch yours you in those little high waisted shorts OH-•

As the the song went on Karl couldn't contain himself, he stood up and starting dancing to the music. Everyone smiling at the sight of Karl singing and dancing. Sapnap on the other hand was hiding the bottom half of his face with the sleeves of his hoodie, trying to cover how much he was blushing.

You loved this song as well so it wasn't long before you stood up and started dancing with Karl. You both danced around, singing your lungs out.

•-No shirt. No blouse. Just us you find out nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about. No-•

Quackity and Tommy join in dancing around with you and Karl. As the beat drops everyone decided to join in singing, even George. You were surprised, you have never heard George sing before. He looked so happy just like everyone else with a big smile on his face.

•-Inside this place is warm outside it starts to pour. Coming down one love. Two mouths one love. One house. No shirt. No blouse-•

Sapnap turns it up louder to than it already was, so it's like a full on concert.

•-Cause it's to cold for you here and now. So let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater-•

Everyone was singing with bugs smiles on their faces, occasionally laughing at the weird dance moves Quackity and Tommy were doing.
   You felt so safe and happy with everyone, laughing and just being yourself. You felt like you were on top of the world, wishing this moment could last forever. But of course everything must come to an end.

•-And it's to cold, it's to cold. The holes of my sweater-•

The song slowly faded out. Everyone started to calm down a bit, random songs still playing quietly in the background. It was only around 10:30pm, so it was still pretty early. Tommy was still pretty hyped up from dancing around, he couldn't stay still in his seat.

Everyone is just chilling, having small talk with each other or on their phones.
You feel relaxed, sitting there with the only source of light for miles right in front of you. All you could hear is the crackling of the fire over everyones faint voices.

Clay is beside you on his phone, seeming pretty invested in the conversation he's having over text. You look over to try to read his expressions but all you see is a big grin spread across his face.

"Who are you talking to?"
You ask turning your body towards your brother.
"Oh no one, it's just dad."
He responds not looking away from his phone.

Your heart drops from his response. Did Clay tell him where I am? Does he know the conflict we have? All these thoughts are running through your head. You sit there frozen, not even blinking.
Your still facing Clay when he looks up and notices your reaction.

"Hey y/n, are you ok?"
He asks in a calm voice, almost a whisper. He put a hand on your shaky should to try to calm you.

What should I say? I can't tell him about how dad abused me my whole life living with him. He wouldn't believe me. No one would believe me.
All those thoughts running through your head, making you unaware of your surroundings.

"Y/n, are you ok?"
Clay asks in a concerned voice, still resting his hand on your shoulder.

You break free from your thoughts just long enough to respond.
"Uh- yea.. what are you guys talking about?"
You ask trying to change the subject, but also you were curious.

"Nothing much, he was just asking about the trip, and about you."
Clay says taking his hand off your shoulder and directing his attention back to his phone.

In that moment you don't know how to even function, you're so scared. He knows where I am now? What if he comes when we get back home? What if I have to move somewhere else? Who do I know who would let me move in with them? If I move in with my grandparent, but they would just tell my dad.

You start to feel your breath pick up. It's like you can't control your body anymore. You have no one to tell, to help with your problems. At that moment even surrounded by people who cared about you, you feel alone.

—————

Words 1085

I tried something new for this chapter, putting songs. I always like when the author of a book puts songs to go with scenes, so I thought I would try it. :]
hope you enjoyed! <3