nighttime adventures

December 1769

Mary Louise looked around to make sure no one was watching. She crept her way towards Nora's mansion. Mary Louise found Nora very beautiful. Her looks, her soul, her personality... everything.

She reached the orchard in front of Nora's room. Picking up a stone, she flung it towards Nora's bedroom. A little crash could be heard and out peeped a perplexed Nora, having no clue about who would throw a stone at her window, at this late hour.

"who is it throwing pebbles at this hour? pray show yourself", Nora said.

"relax, miss. it's just me.", Mary Louise said, walking out of the shadows of an apple tree.

"oh! it is my honour to have you here this late at night, miss", nora said, smiling.

"well, my purpose was not to only ambush you with stones. would you like to take a walk along the riverbed? Nighttime really works it's magic on the sparkly waters", Mary Louise said.

"hold on a moment. let me get my shoes and we'll be off", Nora said, running off to get her shoes.

After creeping out of her house without making a sound, Nora finally caught up to Mary Louise in the orchard.

"forgive me for delaying our little adventure, miss, for I had to sneak out without making a sound", Nora said.

"oh that is quite alright, Nora", Mary Louise said and they started walking out of Nora's family's estate.

They soon started walking down the riverbed in the soft moonlight. Comfortable silence floated in the air before Mary Louise finally broke it. 

"I like it here", she said.

"me too", Nora said, looking around.

"what makes it even better is that you're here to share it with me", Mary Louise said, smiling a soft smile.

"I am glad I could be here with someone as perfect as you", Nora said, hiding her face. mary louise smiled.

"the night moon at this hour is flawless", Mary Louise said, her eyes roaming the sky.

"just like you", Nora whispered.

"pardon?", Mary Louise asked. She could not hear what Nora muttered.

"no, I said that I agree", Nora made up a lie.

Mary Louise nodded. These little moments made them happier than what the world's wealth ever could.

Back to present day

y/n's pov:-

I laid in bed, eyes staring off into the ceiling. My phone dinged with a notification. I picked it up.

A follow request on Instagram. I hastily accepted it and was going to keep the phone down when I noticed the username.

@milliebobbybrown

I quickly opened her account to double check if it was her. and sure enough, it was her. I followed her back.

I texted her.

y/n_l/n: hey
milliebobbybrown: send me your address
y/n_l/n: yes?
milliebobbybrown: your address.
y/n_l/n: not creepy at all but here:
28, Prentice lane, BF/19

i was weirdly curious about what she had to do with my address. i closed my eyes and sighed. i probably just needed sleep. just when i was about to drift off, there was a little thump and something came rolling on the floor. i picked it up. it was a little pebble. 

i turned my head to my window and walked up to it. i didnt care who it was, they could come in here and kill me off for all i cared. 

i peeped down only to be met by a little smiling face, looking up expectantly. 

"millie?", i asked, a smile appearing on my face. i did not know why but my mood just seemed to lift whenever she was around. 

"care for a midnight stroll?", she asked. 

"i didnt have any particular plans so why not?", i said. i ran in, grabbed a coat and my shoes and jumped out. 

"wait wait-", millie started but before she could speak, i already made the jump. from my room. which was on the third floor. but i landed perfectly on my feet.

"what do you think you're doing? you couldve been seriously hurt", she said, her eyes wildly scanning me for any signs of injury.

"i could have but i didnt. also who cares", i said, casually.

"who cares? i do.", she said and i turned to her, surprised. she looked away, opening her mouth to say something then shutting it close. 

"why?", i asked, slowly.

"i...i dont know. its just- i know we've not even known each other for even a week but you make me feel so comfortable", she said, squeezing her eyes shut. she shook her head. "im sorry i sound creepy"

"no!", i said and touched her arm. she looked at me. "you do no sound creepy"

"for real?", she asked. 

"yeah. for real", i said. she smiled at me as i let go of her arm. 

"come on lets walk", she said, and we started strolling.

"i just had the weirdest dream that day", i said, kicking stones on the pavement. it was beautiful outside, this late at night. 

"spill", she said. 

"well i saw that i was sitting on my couch and i heard a voice whisper something like 'come find me", i said. she turned to me like i had said something unnatural.

"and after that?", she inquired.

"well...the voice was, um, yours", i said, looking down at my shoes.

"are you sure it was a dream?", she asked me and i did not respond because i very well knew it was not a dream. 

"because the same exact thing happened to me when i was having a panic attack that day in real life. except the voice was yours", she said to me and i widened my eyes.

"uh actually...that happened to me in real life too. i was not sure if you'd believe me so i didn't say-"

"its fine, it is very unnatural anyways", she said. 

"but what even is it?", i asked.

"i dont know"

we reached a bench overlooking a lake. i took her hand and pulled her towards the bench. she gave a little laugh which echoed in the emptiness of the night.

we sat down together, staring at the sparkling waters of the lake. i felt a little nudge on my hand and looked down to see it still holding millie's hand. 

"oh- uh- sorry", i said awkwardly and withdrew my hand. 

"you're fun to be around with all your awkwardness", millie said, smirking.

"so youre calling me awkward now?", i asked, stiffling a laugh.

"exactly what im saying", she said.

"well why", i asked, looking at her. she was staring straight ahead. the water of the lake reflected on her face. 

"because if you werent awkward, you wouldnt have done this", she said.

"done what?"

"this", she said, and held my hand once more. i smiled. her thumb stroked the backside of my thumb. i sighed. it was unnatural how good i felt around her.

"julie and juliette all the way", she muttered under her breath.

"sorry?", i asked because i couldnt hear her clearly.

"nevermind", she said and i shrugged my shoulders. a comfortable silence passed, making those few moments magical. i looked at her and she looked back.

"yes?"

"nothing, i just really hope i see you again, after this", i said and the corner of her eyes softened.

"me too"