say you won't let go

y/n's pov:-

i opened my eyes to a stabbing pain in my head. i tried to move my hand but it wouldn't budge. that's when i noticed that i was strapped to a chair.

i blinked to be able to look properly and once my eyes adjusted to the darkness i noticed millie, passed out, also strapped in a similar chair like mine. 

"mills..."

"millie...", i called out to her weakly. 

"millie, love...", i tried to wake her up.

a few moments later her eyelids fluttered and she opened her eyes. after a few seconds of processing things, her eyes finally fell on me. 

"rebeka...", she said. i frowned. did she still not remember everything?

"you're millie. not mencia. not jennie. millie.", i reminded her. her eyes widened in self recognition. 

"y/n!", she said, recognising me. i smiled at her and nodded. 

"yeah. y/n.", i repeated. her eyes fell to the straps holding us to the chairs. she tugged on them but no luck. 

"is this marco's doing?", she asked me. 

"i dont know, love, i really dont", i said to her. the headache had considerably subsided but had not totally gone yet. 

"y/n i- i cant...i cant anymore...", she said looking me in my eyes. her eyes were red and glossy. couldn't we just be happy for once? it was always hurt and sadness. and when the hurt was too much to hold, we cried it out. our eyes were exhausted and so were we. wouldnt it be so much better if we didnt have this 'life' anymore?

"for once...instead of giving you hope...i will agree with you. i cant as well. i just cant", i said, my own eyes watering again

"...god, i wish i could touch you right now", she said with a half chuckle-half sniffle. 

"me too.."

suddenly bright lights lit the room and instinctively my eyes squeezed shut due to the sudden brightness. 

"rise and shine, young birds", a familiar voice said, clapping his hands. 

marco.

my face twisted into a fierce expression as i heard his voice. i slowly opened my eyes. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US, YOU LITTLE SHIT?", i asked him, demanding an answer. 

"nothing, just your mind", he replied. 

"why us?", millie asked him, her voice, pained. but never did once marco's expression falter. 

"because you two are easy to play with", he said. 

"easy? weren't you the one that was finding it tough to keep us apart because we found each AGAIN and AGAIN and then it did not take us long to figure things out?", i snapped at him. 

"oh, so you remember all that", he said. 

"why not? it happened to me", i said. 

"then you must remember how we moulded you into different new personalities everyday?", he asked. i closed my eyes and concentrated hard but weirdly enough, couldnt recall a thing. 

"no? well, thats a shame.", marco said, smirking. god, i couldnt stand this man. 

"but not to worry, because i will tell you the entire story today", he said, rubbing his hands together.