where do broken hearts go?

y/n's pov:-

you know that moment when you fall in love?

when those butterflies twist and flutter in your stomach, and send you into nauseous overdose of love and feelings?

yeah, me too.

it feels amazing doesn't it? it feels so god damn hopeful.

and your friends laugh at you because, how could falling in love be so mushy and yet so desirable?

it is so desirable, god so so desirable.

until it isn't.

because all things die, all things fade. and im sorry to be the person to snap my hands infront of your face to wake you up from this little fantasy you've created, or from what you "think" you feel, but someone has to.

because honey, when you fall too deep in love, it takes forever to crawl back out.

and you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

because love is like a flame, beautiful and warm. and it burns. and when the rain comes, it burns out from exhaustion.

and then what do you have? a candle with wax. burning like a cigarette.

so im sorry, but love is not desirable.
love is not beautiful.
love is cruel.

love is like dangling a beautiful gem in front of a beggars face, and when they try to reach for it, it gets pulled away from their grasp.

gosh- the trope "right person, wrong time" really fucking hurts worse than any burn.

because they are perfectly flawed, and so are you, and they are perfectly, PERFECTLY meant for you. as you are for them, atleast that's what you tell yourself...

this is what i tell myself. because I'm still in pain.

and that's the moral of love stories babe.

Alex's pov:-

I could see y/n, sitting like a statue. I walked closer to her and called her name.

"y/n?"

i got no reply. i gently touched her shoulder.

"y/n?"

still no reply. she stared straight ahead, like she couldn't hear me. like she saw a ghost, not an expression on her face.

"y/n?", I called once again, shaking her shoulder this time. she slowly tilted her head up so she could look at me.

"are you okay?", I asked her, getting worried about her. her lips was fully white, and her face, stone cold. she gave me a tight nod.

"this isn't like you, do you wanna head home?", I asked her. she thought about it for a while.

"sure", she said, with no sign of emotions, just like her face.

"...okay, let me just go say bye to tony, caleb and justin", i said and walked away from her to do what i said.

"uh, hey um, im leaving, so..bye", i said to tony and caleb awkwardly.

"uh what-?"

"i don't know, y/n's being kinda weird so I guess it's better for her to get home early", I said to them.

"I hope she's ok", tony said, looking over to where y/n sat.

i quickly said goodbye to a few others and then made my way back to y/n.