^^caleb and tony^^

Present day.

y/n's pov:

I slammed the door to my locker shut and jogged down the hall with my books. i had study hall this period.

I could see her getting her books from her locker as well. i decided to creep up behind her and scare her and so I did.

"aah- oh my god, y/n", millie said laughing after she overcame her initial shock.

"hey, teach, how you doin?", I asked her, leaning against the next locker.

"are you going to call me teach for the rest of our lives because i once taught you how to whistle?", she asked me raising her eyebrows and shyly smiling.

"well definitely. BUT you didn't answer the question.", I said, tilting my head.

"oh im doing exceptionally great. thanks to you and your parents", she said, still smiling at me. she closed her locker shut. we started walking at a slow pace.

"how's your wrists? can i see?", i asked her. she nodded and lifted her hand up for me to see. i tenderly stroked the scars on her wrists.

"I'm a lot better. both physically and emotionally", she said. I nodded at her.

"how's everyone at school been treating you? oh and how's your classes going?"

"wow, this is an interview, isn't it? anyways everyone's been really nice to me, except you know...the jocks. they keep joking about you know 'who gets to fuck me first' ", millie said, rolling her eyes and airquoting the last six words.

"...yeah that's pretty common. anyway your classes?", i asked.

"yup i've been getting good grades in tests. told ya i had a lot of knowledge stored up in here", she said motioning towards her head, with a smile.

"that's great. also, uhh so, you know, since tomorrow is christmas eve, we have our winter formal school dance. so...I was thinking...wanna go? as...dates i mean..?", I hesitantly asked her. she gave me a perplexed expression.

"i mean, we don't have to go as dates if you don't want to-"

"no no! i want to go", she said, taking my hand.

"you do?", I asked her wide eyed.

"of course. but i don't really have, uh... appropriate clothes for the occasion...", she said, trailing off at the end.

"well, you can always wear mine", i said to her.

"hey, no, i don't want to take more from you or your parents. the support they gave me, paying my hospital bills, admitting me here for my education, renovating my-", she started but I cut her off.

"shut up, you. they did it because they see you as a daughter of their own. and whatever help I am willing to give you is because I love you. so, I have an even better idea. we're going shopping todayyyy", I said, celebrating.

"i- but wouldn't that be taking more from your parents?", she asked me, mouth hanging open.

"then don't take from them", i said casually with a shrug.

"uh, well, newsflash honey, homeless orphan kids do not have money", she said.

"ok number 1? you're not homeless, my parents renovated the entire cottage and now you have a cozy home. and number 2? did i ask for your money? no. because i'll be buying you whatever you want to buy.", I said to her, smiling a genuine smile. everything was genuine when i was with her.