comfort crowd.

present day

y/n's pov:

millie: cant wait to see you at the dance...:)
y/n: can't wait to see you too, teach
millie: teach. right, yes. of course. why not.
y/n: exactly, why not?
millie: sure.
y/n: ok teach
millie: oh god i can't with you-- 😭👍🏻
y/n: yes yes love you too

i looked up from my phone, smiling after texting millie. i loved annoying her. which is why i called her "teach". it annoyed her.

"sup, sistah", Chad said, walking through the ajar door of my room and sitting on the chair.

"get out", i said, throwing a book at him.

"chill out, dipshit", he said, dodging the book i threw at him.

"what do you want", I asked, going back on my phone.

"uh nothing really. just that you look happier. like a lot", he said and i slowly looked up from my phone.

"i do?"

"yes. you've come a long way", he said, smiling a little.

"thanks", i said, smiling back. as much as we might fight, chad had always been there for me. he helped me through the time when i thought i might lose millie to suicide. he helped me through a lot.

"so i wanted to say that...you deserve this.", he said.

"deserve what?", i asked.

"this. your chance at happiness. your chance at finding love. your chance at being you again. after all you and your girlfriend have been through, you both deserve that", he said.

"really?", i asked him.

"yes. so, wear that special dress you were saving, look pretty, and go to the dance. enjoy the company of your friends. give all your love to millie and just live the time of your life. it's your life. live it with energy.", he said.

i sat up straight.

"thank you, chad. so much", I said, getting a little emotional.

"it's alright. now fuck away, get ready for the dance", he said.

"you fuck away, dipshit, this is my room", i said, throwing a pen because i had already thrown the book.

"ungrateful bitch", he muttered and left the room, leaving me rolling on the floor, laughing.

**time skip**

i walked to my car and unlocked it, the snow crushing beneath my feet. i had to pick millie up now. i couldn't help but wonder how beautiful she looked. I smiled at myself and got inside the car.

starting the car up, i drove over to that little cottage I'd been to so many times before.

reaching the house, i stepped out of the car and stood in front of her door. my eyes roamed the cottage as a memory flashed through my mind. i squeezed my eyes shut to make the image of the bloody bathtub go away.

"argh!", i gasped and dug my fingernails into my palms. that scene was still imprinted in my head. and every time i looked at the house, my fear took over. i feared that i had to see something like that once again.

i clutched my head and cried out. the front door whooshed open, sending a gush of wind my way.

"oh, y/n, are you okay? come here", millie said as she walked out the door and spread her arms out for me.