merry christmas

y/n's pov:-

i waoe up to someone's lips softly pecking my cheeks. opening my eyes, I saw a little ray of sunlight stream into the room and fall on millie's face. millie was looking at me. she was smiling, her dimple became visible.

"merry christmas, y/n", she said to me, pulling the blanket over the both of us.

"merry christmas to you, teach", I said to her and threw my arms around her body. she made me feel so much comfort that it was unreal.

"i don't want to get out of bed", millie said, still holding me.

"we can stay here for a while", I said.

"we will. i like to cuddle with you", millie said. 

"me too"

"its weird how doctor marco called us in for a catch up today", millie said, staring at the ceiling. 

"i know right, its christmas, he could've called us tomorrow. given himself and us a break from the 'forget depression mission'. god", i said, annoyed because we had to go for a therapy session on christmas.

"look we'll be fine", millie said, patting my shoulders. "i'll even buy you your favourite cherry slurpee", she said, which instantly made me smile. 

"oh god, okay", i said, shaking my head and chuckling. 

"also, y/n?"

"yes?"

"last night, at the dance...it was magical.", millie said and stared right into my eyes. i could only give her a mere smile. 

"being there, to the winter formal, with such a beautiful, young and lovable person was all i could ask for. thank you, y/n, for asking me to the dance, buying me the dress and making my first high school dance such a memorable experience. thank you for loving me despite all my faults, for supporting me through the toughest parts of my life, for never asking for anything back from me even though you give me a lot ...and basically, thank you for being the best person in my life, my heart and in my world. i wish you the merriest christmas and hope you get what you want.", millie said to me. her words hit me like a sweet flower but they carried a lot of weight. weight on the positive side. 

"millie, i...i dont know what to say", i said, my eyes getting glossy. millie chuckled and sniffled.

"well, you dont have to say anything to me y/n. i just spoke my mind.", she said. 

"no. no, i do", i said abruptly. she turned to me with an expectant face and i took a deep breath.

"each night that we dont spend together, its impossible for me to fall asleep, until i hold one of your shirts close to me. i cannot get through a day without feeling the touch of your hand on my face and neither can i whistle now without thinking of you. i want to thank you for all that you've given me. maybe its not materialistic, but what you gave me is worth a lot more than that. you gave me love, comfort and happiness. before i met you, my mental health was always down. but it changed after i met you. maybe my mood was down because i hadnt met you yet. and after you everything changed. so i guess i owe you for that. big time", i finished with a chuckle.

this time millie had the same reaction like I did.

"yup, don't say anything, get out of bed and let's get the doctor thing over with", I said to her, patting her shoulders. i threw her shellshocked face a look before i pranced into the washroom.

"...yeah. sure", i heard millie say.

**time skip**

we walked inside the lobby, hand in hand. the receptionist flo saw us together.