lovely.

y/n's pov:-

"y/n..."

"y/n.."

"Y/N"

"HUH? oh uh...yeah. here", i said, handing over her dress to my dad. he slowly pulled it away from me. my fingers lingered on the soft fabric till he pulled it away. 

"you don't have to do this sister", chad said. I looked at him with my glossy eyes. yes, it was tough. it was tough letting one of the only remaining products I had left of her, go.

"i will be fine", i said, putting on a smile and wiping my eyes. 

"okay..."

they left my room and i sat on the edge of the bed. i gulped. picking up my phone, my fingers hovered over the send button of a message i had already composed. 

'if it matters to you, your daughter millie bobby brown's funeral will take place tomorrow. at the town church. if thats enough to bring you back.'

i closed my eyes and pressed the send button. we had to see what happens. 

drawing in a shaky breath, i stormed out of my house. i could not spend a moment being cooped up in there. but neither did i want to socialise. i just wanted to feel the comfort. 

running up the hills, i went to visit where they buried her body the first time. reaching the place, i saw a little ground dug up and altered. unnamed. I sighed and got a piece of paper, wrote her name on it and placed it on top of the grave. 

i slowly walked to the bench in the soft sun and sat down, facing the city. a little smile appeared on my face. 

it reminded me of that night millie and i spent, watching the city from the rooftop. i heard a sound beside me. turning my head, i saw her face, illuminated by the sun. 

"youre here", i said to her, smiling. 

"yes. for the last time", she said to me. i nodded. 

"i wish you were here with me.", i said and sighed. 

"me too"

"i swear to love you all my life", i said to her, abruptly. millie shook her head. 

"no. youre going to love someone else. dance with them. laugh with them. cry with them. just like you did with me", she said, giving me a soft smile. i chuckled. i turned my head to her once more. 

"come back...i still need you", i said to her. 

"you can let go of me. i know youre that strong", she said. 

"i wish i could"

"do you...remember the winter formal? not the part where we slow danced, but the one where we just...jumped around like idiots and looked like fools? like absolute dorks?", she asked me. i nodded at her, smiling. 

"yes. yes i do. why?", i asked her. 

"no reason. maybe thats one of the moments we shared that i want you to remember now.", she said, still smiling. 

i turned my head back to look down at our city. 

"i just want to spend my last day with you. in peace", I said to her, mustering up a teary smile. she nodded.

and we watched the people, the cityscapes, the cars. we watched the sky changing from noon to dusk, flashing a show of colours for us on the horizon. the moon lit up the sky and we watched, smiling. leaves on the trees rustled in the wind and we listened. birds flew home to their nests. I watched.