lisa and jennie.

your pov:

i opened my eyes and let the sunlight flow through the curtain. i was laying in bed.

whose bed though? also, where was i? my mind seemed to be in a puzzle. that was probably because I just woke up. interrupting my thoughts, i heard my phone ring and i picked it up.

"good morning, lisa"

"oh hi. this is...?"

"oh god, don't tell me you forgot me already! this is your best friend. Marco, from Princeton High School. You're on a trip for the school newspaper? damn dude, atlanta really messed your head up"

"OH RIGHT, I'm lisa jenkins from Princeton highschool and you're my best friend marco. im in Atlanta for the school newspaper"

"damn right. aight, was just checking up on you to check, I don't know, if you were having identity crisis because you have those everyday when you wake up in the morning. and I was right as well"

"lol yes. I remember who I am now though. thanks for checking in marco, miss u, byee"

"yup, enjoy yourself. bye"

the call disconnected. I took a deep breath. i now remembered who i was. I was lisa jenkins, originally from new York and now was in atlanta for a school newspaper project. I finally seemed to put the pieces together.

i got out of bed, ready to start the day, feeling energised and healthier than ever.

putting on fresh clothes, i walked out of the hotel room i was in and started walking towards the hotel cafeteria.

i spotted an empty booth and sat down with a mug of black coffee and a book in hand.

suddenly, i saw this beautiful girl getting herself a latte and settling down in the table right opposite to mine. i felt this weird sort of... connection with her that I couldn't explain.

lisa jenkins didn't usually fall for people. but this girl was special. i needed to go talk to her and see what she was like.

i got up, went around the table and stopped in front of the other girl's table. pulling the chair, i sat, facing her.

"woah hi there", she said, in a beautiful british accent.

"hey. um sorry we were both sitting alone so I thought I'd shift here", I said to her.

"that's alright, i enjoy the company", she said and i nodded.

"jennie garcia by the way", she said and stretched her hand out for a handshake.

"oh, im lisa. lisa jenkins", I said and shook her hand.

"so...do you wanna explore this place? the hotel somehow feels so unfamiliar", she said, looking around.

"I know right, same. we should definitely go and check the place out. we could also see what atlanta has for us", i said.

"of course", she said to me and smiled and for a second her eyes reminded of two pairs of eyes that I'd stared in for a long time. my brows furrowed and I looked away.

"hey, you okay?", she asked me.

"huh? yeah...um, you just, I don't know, it feels like we've met before...somewhere. somehow. your eyes, your voice, everything just feels so familiar yet I can't place it right. im sorry im creeping you out", I said and threw my hands up.