Chapter 6 - Do You Want Kids?

Chapter 6 – do you want kids?

The sun brightened Hanji's room and Levi rolled over next to the sleeping woman and gently kissed her arm to her neck and then her forehead which made him smile. She let out a morning hum and smiled with her eyes still closed but wrapped her arm around the Naked Levi and he let out a chuckle.

"morning" he whispered giving her another kiss and she finally opened her big brown eyes and smiled at Levi looking down at her. They both receive morning stretches and get ready for the morning because Levi needs to be back for the kids.

The pair both shower and get dressed and eat breakfast and head on to Levi's house again. Before the two went inside Levi wanted to talk to Hanji about something important which tended to stress him out slightly.

"what's up short stack?" she joked making him chuckle and Levi flexed his arms behind his head and gave Hanji a more serious look.

"the other week, I saw a baby scan on the kitchen table" Levi blurted and Hanji's smile faded to a more straight face and Levi just released a sigh "I'm sorry about that" he spoke putting his hand on her thigh and a small tear fell through Hanji's left eye. "can I ask what happened?"

"well...me and Moblit were together for about eight years and he kept begging, 'can we have a baby? Please can we have a baby, I want a baby, I'll leave you if you don't give me a baby, you've left me no choice but to beat you because you wont carry my babies.' Five years ago I finally caved and said 'okay lets have a baby' I said and he was so happy and excited and he was about five months to six months, it was the day I found out they was a boys and Moblit got angry because he wanted one girl and blamed me for it and just took his anger out on me he, he...he..."

"what did he do?" Levi asked concerned and Hanji just took a shaken breath and exhaled.

"he kicked me multiple times, he punched my multiple times, he stormed out letting me bleed to death until Erwin came in and saved me" Levi shot his head up quick when Hanji said Erwin's name and Hanji gave him a small smile but not looking into Levi's eyes. "yeah Erwin was a neighbour, and he could hear all the beating, the screaming, the shouting, he came in and saw me in a pool of blood and did his best to save me and the twins but the babies passed away. That day you came into the office, Moblit wanted to try for a baby again thinking everything was just a simple mistake and he was getting angry because I said no, god knows what would have happened if you didn't walk in" Hanji cried and Levi just looked down at the steering wheel and all he could reply with was a sigh. "I named them sawney and bean" she smiled sadly looking at a picture in her purse and showed Levi which made him do a sympathetic chuckle.

"do you still want kids?"

"I love kids I do, I'm a mother without kids. But I understand that fi you don't want more it's fine, hell we've only been dating a few weeks" Hanji laughed and Levi just looked at his watch and saw his army of children watching them through the window. "we should go in" Hanji said and Levi nodded. The early couple got out the car and Levi locked the doors and linked arms with Hanji wiping her tears as they got closer to the front door. All the kids raced to the door and surrounded Hanji asking her questions, telling her about their day etc which made Levi laugh.

The single father picked up the young twins and scooted all the kids away from Hanji and had them all walk back into the house. All the kids were silent standing in a single line as if in the sound of music until Levi clapped his hands echoing the entire house and making his family jump.

"right, how was your evening?" he asked and they all shrugged "good to know"

"how was your evening, you seem happier for some reason" Reiner asked making Levi widen his eyes. "like I'm not saying you aren't happy I'm just saying you look like the cat from Alice and wonderland and its freaking us all out" all the kids laughed and their fathers smile went back to a frown "it's okay guys dad isn't possessed" Reiner joked making everyone laugh and Levi rolled his eyes walking towards the open kitchen and the kids went and sat on the breakfast bar as Hanji awkwardly followed Levi.