Chapter 10 - New Years Disaster

There was a new years eve party being hosted for the three publisher companies in Sina. Everyone was drunk and having the time of their lives dancing, eating and drinking on repeat. Levi looked up and noticed Erwin drinking around with other people and decided to head up to his friend who he hadn't seen in a while.

"LEVI!" the drunken blonde cheered and the small raven haired man approached him and gave each other a manly hug "how have you been?"

"I'm great how are you where have you been?"

"oh I'm great, opened up a school actually still in need of a science teacher but you know we'll find one"

"you opened a school, how is that even possible?"

"it's for kids who can't go or afford school, those who lose their parents, those who are runaways, you know just like charity really, it's great" Erwin explained and Levi nodded along chuckling. "look at you though, you are a whole new guy"

"nah, I'm still same old Levi"

"Levi I know you and haji are together, she told me, she is my friend too you know" Erwin said to Levi and they both just let out a friendly laugh at each other "so you planning on keeping her forever or seeing how things go"

"seeing how things go" Levi said which confused Erwin a lot because he would have thought Levi would feel a lot different with Hanji but then again it has only been three months. "what?" Levi asked as Erwin's smile faded.

"nothing she just really loves you" he said and Levi was confused at what Erwin said and they both stared awkwardly at each other until a drunk brunette clung onto Levi's arm. "Hanji, hey" Erwin greeted and Levi just looked at his girlfriend holding her up straight which made him laugh. "Guys I'm just gonna mingle, ill catch up"

Erwin walked off confusing Levi even more but was easily distracted to a giggling Hanji clasped onto his right arm trying to stand straight. Levi Gave her a smile and she responded back to a soft kiss which tended to become more passionate.

"don't get too carried away baby" Levi shouted so that she could hear him from the loud music so Hanji tried pulling Levi towards the dance floor but he was refusing. "baby I don't dance, haven't danced in thirteen years"

"then change your ways, whatever song comes on will be our song" Hanji said dragging the man onto the dance floor.

A lot of other couples came on the dance floor and meatloafs version of Coming Back To Me Now was playing. Levi looked deep in Hanji's drunken eyes and started dancing with her. Hanji could feel his heartbeat against her chest as she was pulled close to him and giggled as she could hear him singing in her ear which he never usually does. Hanji felt like she was flying with Levi and wanted to be with him forever but had that horrible pit in her stomach that he didn't see forever with her.

"Levi" Hanji whispered in his ear gaining his attention "I love you" she said but Levi couldn't gain the words to say it back. They never really said it together, sure they call each other babe and other type of nicknames but Levi has never said that he loves her. Hanji's smile turned into a frown and Levi just let out a sigh.

"can we talk" was all he said and dragged her lightly out the dancing hall and up to where the hotel rooms are and took her in their hotel so they could talk. "since Christmas I've been thinking about the future and I have no clue what to think about"

"so" Hanji said and stood by the door as Levi paced back and forth the hotel room trying to get my words out.

"well Hanji, the thing is, ever since Petra died, I've been through hell, I've had to raise five kids alone, fuck, I've been living in a blank canvas because I don't know what my future is, I'm 35 years old and I have no clue what my life is like and what it's going to be like, everyone is saying how much you love me and how much you want a life with me but I just-"