Chapter 5 - How Do You Feel

Levi was getting the house ready for the kids to come back and made sure that it was child appropriate for the social worker to see and was nervous. He got a message from Hanji and smiled as she send a cute message.

Good luck today Levi, can't wait to see the kids again, ill do a better job than you do on your day off can't wait to see you later tonight xx

Levi chuckled at the message and heard the loud chatters of the kids outside the front door and he ran over to open it and cried at the sound of their cheers as they bundled him to the floor laughing and cuddling him as they missed him so much.

"we missed you daddy!" Mikasa cheered and Levi cried happy tears. As the kids danced around the house that was nice and clean and the social worker and Kenny walked in and Levi gave his uncle a hug which was rare.

"thank you" he cried and Kenny just laughed and the adults sat down to go through the questionnaire that Levi had to do in order to prove he can have the kids. And thankfully he passed the test and he was told that he would be checked on very now and then until the new year and Levi thanked her so much for helping him through the next few weeks.

"I'm so glad you don't look like a hobo anymore" Ymir joked a few hours later and Levi let out a laugh. "I missed you daddy" she said and hugged him tight and he just kissed the top of her head and hugged her back. Ymir noticed the ringless finger and pulled a small yet saddish smile and looked up at her dad "so did you meet anyone on your kid free vacation?" she asked and Levi just looked at her in an uncomfortable way.

"could say that" he never lies to his daughter but he is always blunt too for when his kids ask him awkward questions like that. "why?"

"I dunno, just cos you never really had the chance when looking after us and you deserve to be happy I guess"

"hold onto that thought a sec" Levi said and rallied his children to sit on the Livingroom and looked at all five sitting on the couch whilst he sat on a pouf opposite them and they all looked disturbed. "okay I need to ask you something and it's important to have your opinion" he said and all the kids leaned in closer waiting for their news.

"what is it dad?" Reiner asked and the man took a deep breath.

"so I have decided to let your mother go, not completely but so that I could date other people without feeling guilty"

"what's date?" Armin and Mikasa asked at the same time and Ymir and Reiner laughed.

"date is where-"

"its what mommy's and daddy's do!" Sasha cheered

"no wait-"

"WE'RE HAVING A MOMMY!" the young twins yelled with happiness

"YAAYYYYYYYY!" Sasha cheered with excitement

"no-"

"its not just mommies and daddies guys" Reiner tried to explain

"NEW MOMMY! WHO IS IT?" Armin cheered and Ymir tried to hold in a laugh.

"CALM!" Levi said and the kids instantly calmed down and the chaos was relaxed. "I went on one date, lets not get ahead of ourselves okay, no matter how much you guys make me happy, I have certain feelings that I need to be with an adult too...romantically"

"What's that?" Sasha asked again and Levi didn't know how to answer it

"it means he wants sex"