Arena (4)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fluffy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While all of this was occurring, Tih had his focus on the overturned cart behind Axel. He was looking past the boy filled with hidden killing intent, putting his attention on few remaining "cotton candy" that didn't get smushed.

Tih has never heard of the food before, which made his temptation for trying it greater. After Tih arrived on the island and got to eat in the cafeteria, he seemed to become a little bit of a foodie.

As his desire to try some of this "cotton" reached a peak, he walked toward the cart. Axel flinched slightly when he saw Tih walking over while staring at him(Wasn't). The others also saw the hidden fear in his movements.

"You-! D-don't come closer! What do you want to do?!" Axel's voice started to fluctuate as he recalled bits of that night.

It has to be said, Axel's daring action of attacking Tih earlier was purely irrational, as his body moved before his mind could process any information. Now that he's calmed down, he can't help but to shrink back. The memory of that night left a fear of Tih in his subconscious.

One person walks forward while the other walks backwards. This continues until Axel bumps into the remains of the stall. Before Axel can change directions, Tih is already right in front of him. Axel's fear clouds his judgement and he doesn't even notice that Tih eye's aren't on him, but behind him. In fact, Axel can't even look into Tih's emotionless eyes.

Instructor Maddox and Kai are watching all of this unfold and so are the people hidden around blind spots in the surrounding area. The instructor decides to sit back to see what Tih will do. Kai was watching for a while but his consciousness got the better of him. He was about to call out to Tih to stop anything from happening, but it was already too late.

Tih leans in, causing their bodies to almost be touching. There's only an inch of distance between there faces, and because of that, Axel has no choice but to see Tih's blue eyes. He starts having flashbacks as something inside him snaps. His eyes turn frienzied as he unrestrainedly yell,"WHAT! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?! HAHAHAHA! WHAT? DO YOU WANT MY OTHER EAR NOW? ARE TOU GOING TO TAKE THAT ONE TOO!?!"

Everyone that has a clear line of sight look at the jagged hole that once held an ear. Just from one look, they could tell it was painful. The weapon of choice must not have been very sharp, as it wasn't a clean cut. A very brutal method, that is, dull weaponry.

Spit flys into Tih face as he's screamed at. He reaches out towards Axel as he flinches back. Tih hand swerves around Axel to grab the thing behind him. Tih then walks back to his spot beside Kai while enjoying this new texture and delicious flavor of cotton candy.

"You... really are a weirdo." Kai looks at Tih with a expression of 'not knowing whether to cry or laugh'. Even when covered in saliva, his expression doesn't falter. Kai sighs with a smile as he uses his sleeve to wipe of the spit from Tih's pale baby face. Tih continues to enjoy his food as he's wiped down like a baby, not embarrassed in the least.

"..." Axel, who only now realized Tih hasn't given him the slightest attention, flushes red. Whether in anger or embarrassment, no one can tell.

Instructor Maddox finally decides to intervene,"It seems...you have a grudge on Tih. This is an often occurrence on the island. That's one of the main uses of the Arena, to fight out you frustration. Or, in a more serious case, a death match. If you really want your revenge, you can request a death match." Although these really were the rules, Instructor Maddox had another motive. He was curious to see how strong Tih was.

Axel, who's once again regain his composure, mockingly says,"Ha! Against that monster? Even I know I won't last a second."

"Then why did you attack him in the first place?" Kai mocks.

A small blush reappears on Axel's face,"That's...I couldn't control my emotions."

The people hiding around the corners understood. They also wouldn't be able to control themselves if someone cut off their ear.

Tih, who finished his cotton candy, went to grab another one. He also finally started to listen in on the conversation now that his curious was filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fighting...

....pain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tih doesn't like fighting. He's never liked it. It always gave him an...uncomfortable feeling. Tih didn't know how else to describe the weird sensation he gets when he fight. All he knows is that he doesn't want to do it and won't.

If the others could hear his thoughts, they would all be laughing in self-pity, mocking 'You feel uncomfortable?' The strange Instructor with four silver stars at the train station and Instructor Kane were both 'surprise attacked' by Tih. Tih was able to successfully jump two seasoned veterans, two strong and powerful people, but the child himself doesn't realize it. To him, they were not "attacks", just "surprises".

If they were able to hear what Tih was saying, they would only be able to comment,"Isn't that a little too cruel? How do you think we feel if you say something like that?"

If Axel, who had the short end of the stick, knew all this information, he would be laughing hysterically in self-mockery.