Happy Holidays (6)

In the early hours of the morning, there's a knock on Kai and Tih's apartment door. Kai, a heavy sleeper(at least when he's in a relaxed environment), remains motionless. Tih is the one to open the door.

"Ready to go?" Casanova is standing outside. He looks at Tih's bed head and silk pajamas provided by the sponsor named Phillip. He turns the boy around and pushes him back inside," Go get ready first."

Tih changes clothes and brushes his teeth before following Casanova out. The head up a path from the southeast side of the mountain region, almost bordering the sea.

In a hidden patch of area tucked behind a mountain, a medium sized inn is tucked. Tih follows behind Casanova as they walk along a cobblestone path that's been swept clean. Snow carpets the roof of the double-storied ryokan. It's quiet and tranquil, flowing water can be heard behind the building. To the right, a gorgeous view of the shimmering sea.

The staff checks the two of them in,"You're part of Sinclair's group? Follow me, I'll lead you to your room." By "room", he means a single, large room that is fitted with enough futons to fit eight people. It's located on the second floor.

"Casanova." A coworker beckons him over after the staff slides the door open. "Only half of the group has arrived so far. Who'd you bring with?"

"Tih." Casanova finds a place to sit. Tih walks over to the balcony and peers below.

"That Tih? Oooh. I've only heard rumors." The man inspects the boy with admiration.

The door slides open, "It seems I've arrived late."

"Not at all. Teacher is just on time." One of the men in the room says.

Tih runs his fingers across the reed floor matting, looking at the geta on his feet. He had to change shoes when the entered.

"And as your teacher, I should have arrived beforehand." Sinclair sets his stuff down in a corner.

"Arriving first sucks, isn't that right Tommy?"

Tih moves over to touch the sliding paper door

"Yeeep." A man stares at the ceiling with his hands behind his back," But I did get to check the place out. The onsen is open twenty-four, seven. They got a spa area with massages and a sauna. They got a garden, karaoke rooms, mahjong tables, table tennis, and a few arcade games." The rest of the team arrives as he describes everything.

"Well, if that's the case, what are we waiting for?" A man drags another out the door. Everyone goes to do their own thing.

"Tih, do you want to go look around?" Phillip offers.

"Wouldn't he rather spend the day with me?" Casanova places his hand on top of Tih's head and looks at Phillip with a gleam in his eye.

Sinclair admires the two kittens fighting, but doesn't want to involve the third party in the quarrel. He appeases them," Let's all go together."

They agree and Phillip suggests," Let's change first." He opens a closet in the room and takes out four yukatas.

"Do you know how to put it on?" Casanova gives him a questioning look.

"Uhh, well." He stumbles over his words.

"I'll teach everyone." Sinclair passes them around according to size and gives a demonstration. Tih gets it on immediately. Casanova needs to redo it once and Phillip ends up needing the help of his teacher.

The four leave the room and head downstairs," Meals will be delivered to the room according to a schedule, so let's head back in a bit for breakfast." Casanova explains. He's already looked into it beforehand. He also already knew all of its accommodations and where they're located.

Since breakfast is only a short while away, they spend a brief period walking around the garden. It's a bit chilly, but it's beautiful. The snow only adds to the serenity.

The group comes back to the room along with a few others, but not everyone. A few stay on the first floor, because they don't eat breakfast.

The trays are brought by staff members. The guys take them and place them on a low wooden table that's been moved to the center of the room. Cushions have been placed around the table as chairs. Tih sits on a zabuton and looks at the Japanese-inspired meal.

Rice, miso soup, pickled daikon, pickled plum, a square of grilled salmon, tofu, tamago, salad, vegetables, and natto. Each dish contains a small portion size.

Tih eats everything on the tray. Phillip glances over and sneakily scrapes his natto into Tih's bowl. Once that succeeds, he attempts the same with the pickled vegetables, only to be called out in the middle," Phillip, eat your vegetables." Sinclair orders.

"Pfh- what are you, five?" Casanova covers his hand with the yukata sleeve.

At the end of the meal, the plates and bowls are stacked high. The trays are taken away by the staff at a designated time.

The four stay together as they head to the spa area.