Chapter 1

Aurora Thomas is 19 years old and is currently in university, trying to become a successful singer. However she's failed with that so far. She used to live in Australia, but had no luck there with her music, so decided to go to London, seeing as there is many now-celebrity's who have been successful there. Aurora has done everything she could, written songs and gone to directors, gone to music records but no, it's just not sparked like she thought it would.

Auroras POV
"Finally, summer break" I say. It's been a long 2 months of university, and now we have a few weeks off for summer break and I couldn't be any happier, all I want to do is write music.. I want to become an inspiration to people by doing something I love. However, it wasn't going in the direction I would had hoped it would go in, but I'm not giving up.

I used to live in Australia, but I moved here leaving all my close friends that of known for ages behind and also family. Luckily, I had family here who is always there for me and I've made new friends from university.

I'm still getting used to London, so I'm not positive on where everything is yet, so yes I have gotten lost on some occasions, but it was great actually because I got to discover new parts of London.

The first day of summer break, I went to one of London's biggest record label studios, many celebrity's have recorded in here. I was excited and nervous, I could feel my feet shaking in my black boots. Sure, I've been to many other studios but never one so big as this. I walked up to the front desk and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Aurora, I'm looking to become singer and I came here to see if I can get any information on how to make my music career successful." I greet nicely. The lady looks up at me and basically 'checks me out' for some reason, probably to see if I'm singer material. I cough so it breaks the silence. The lady chuckles, "I doubt you can become a singer, this is one of the biggest studios in London, in fact all around the world. Solo artists like Sam Smith and Rihanna and even bands like One Direction. They have all been here recording, even the 1D boys are here recording today and for the rest of the week.." I couldn't really care too much to be honest, I've never found a soft spot for those boys. I think to myself as the lady goes on. "..anyway, you would never make it big like them, I mean look at you" the horrible woman says. I feel my eyes tear up as I hear those words. She's basically just took my dream, stepped on it, threw it in the bin, set it on fire, she just ruined it. "What's wrong with how I look?" I ask sadly looking down at myself. She laughs "you don't have what it takes to become a singer, now that's all, you can leave now" she says with a fake, bitchy smile. I give her a death stare before opening the doors and slamming it shut as I walk out to feel the brisk London air hit my skin. That's when it all hit me, it made me feel like I couldn't succeed ever. I. Was. Broken...