Chapter 11: May I Suggest A Slutty Dance?

Lia's POV:-

"Am I interrupting?" 

I look back at the door, to see Luke poking in his head. I was in the study room, finishing a late assignment. He steps in when I shrug and go back to work. He just returned from the gym. Sweat drips from his hair, and his t-shirt clings to him. Like a good boy he sits on the floor beside me, and starts taking off his shoes.

"What happened, boo? Too lazy to shower? Want me to scrub you?" I mutter, re-checking my assignments.

"No."

"Then?"

"Nothing happened. Didn't wanna be alone."

I nod, and continue my work while he moves to lean against the bed.

He takes off his running shorts too. My eyes kept sneaking glances at him as he took a paper and pen from my desk, sat their in his boxers and scribbled something. 

I don't get up until I finish all my pending assignments. Outside it's pitch black. Luke was now sitting on the couch, showered and watching two angry politicians debate. 

"I feel like cooking," I announce standing in front of Luke. He curiously watches my face. "Pick your choice," I offer generously.

"Ziti," Luke says without missing a beat. "And red wine."

"Okay," I say and skip to the kitchen. Halfway through I call Luke to help with the plates. 

"So what's the deal with this elephant?" Luke asks, taking out the ridiculously expensive bottle of wine, his uncle sent from France. I pause stirring the pasta sauce.

"Julian refused to tell me, saying, I quote 'Lia does it better'," he hops on the counter, after handing me a goblet. 

"It's a stupid thing I did to cheer Julian," I dismiss quickly, taking a huge gulp to stop talking. "Food's almost ready. Why don't you put on a nice movie for dinner. I'll bring the pasta."

Thankfully, Luke was too hungry to pry more. I mentally make a note during the movie to terrorize Julian so he'll stop spilling my secrets.

Luke washes the plate afterwards, while I struggle to stay awake to finish the film. I jump awake when Luke's phone rings. I switch off the TV and grab his phone.

"Luke, who the hell is Candice, and why is she calling you so late!" I storm into the kitchen with my best angry face.

Luke rolls his eyes, and points with his head towards his soapy hands. "Answer it, and put it on speaker," he says. I comply and put it on the shelf in front of his face. I try to stick around pretending to listen, but their boring computer talk drives me straight to the bedroom. 

................................

"Luke, take your coffee," I yawn and boil my tea with sleepy eyes. 

Luke woke up early, and he didn't let me sleep in either. He kept ghosting his fingers over me till I was complaining, and then once I was awake he left me completely alone. Asshole.

"Thank you," he mutters, picking up his mug. He had ditched his t-shirt and was walking around looking for his notebooks. That was usually his first step to getting ready for class. His class is at ten this morning and he has started getting ready from 8:17 to be precise. I usually rustled up a bearable look in ten minutes before my class time. We both alternated between car and bus, depending on our moods or class timings. 

Today Luke was stalling more than usual. I watch him put on a shirt and then walk into the kitchen and eat a cookie. Then he roamed around me, watched me make tea, then went and took off his shorts. Then again he roamed around the apartment munching an apple in his boxers and tidied up living room.