Chapter 12: I Don't Love You Right Now

Luke's POV:-

I saunter out of the bedroom yawning. I had a Material Science lecture this morning, which I decided to skip. My brain was still sending threads of guilt everywhere, but I forced myself to skip. I'm not in school anymore.

There was a faint humming, and clanging of pans. My feet automatically take me towards the kitchen. Lia is mixing a batter. She turns around on hearing my shuffling.

"Morning tiger," she says amused, taking in my crow's nest and boxer shorts. I grunt, feeling too tired and take out some orange juice from the fridge. After thirstily gulping down two glasses, my senses awaken. I sit on the kitchen stool and lazily watch Lia cook.

She's ready for her class. Beneath her oversized black cardigan she's wearing a red playsuit. The metal bangles on her wrist chime musically as she flips the pancakes. I sigh happily, my brain going all warm and fuzzy at her sight. She glances at me over her shoulder, and gives a dimpled smile.

"When do you have to go?" she asks leaning against the counter, absently sucking a burnt fingertip.

"At eleven," I mumble watching her stack the pancakes onto a plate. She has her hair down. It falls around her in loose curls and brush against her waist as she moves around.

"Eat your breakfast, and go back to sleep," she orders putting the plate in front of me. "You look very tired," she cups my chin and kisses my cheek. I get a whiff of her flowery scent and fruity lip balm.

I grab her wrist as she starts to go away. "You're not eating?" I ask pulling her into my lap. Goosebumps scatter on my arm in response to the heat from her body. She doesn't notice.

"I already ate. I have a class in ten minutes," she pushes herself up using my shoulder.

"Do you have to go?" I almost whine, tightening my arms around her.

"Luke," she scolds. "Of course I have to go. I'll be late, let go," she frowns. I let my hands fall, and sulkily poke one of her curls.

"Baby," she coos lifting my face. "I'll be back in the evening. Then we can go to the park and laze around. I'll even let you feel me up," she teases, the blues of her eyes lit up in mischief.

"You're so shy sometimes," she chuckles on seeing my coy face. "Love you," she smiles and kisses my mouth. A dull ache spreads in my chest when I hear her say the words. It happens everytime she says it. And it only deepens. If the intensity of my feelings for her keeps on increasing like this, I'll be out of here before I even hit twenty-five.

"Bye," she ruffles my hair and goes away. I eat my breakfast in silence, contemplating if I should really go back to sleep. Heavily sleep-deprived, I decide to snooze before my class.

......................

"Luke?"

My eyes flutter open to see Lia switching on the lights.

"Did you sleep all day?" she frowns. I sit up rubbing my eyes. "Fuck. What time is it?"

"It's five thirty. Honey, are you okay?" she sits in front of me, putting her bag on the floor. I nod, then shake my head. "My sleep schedule is getting fucked up."

"It's okay. You've been working for your projects. We'll fix it from today onwards," she consoles me. "Now get up and take a shower. Let's go out. You can't stay in all day."

"No, no. Let's stay in all day," I suggest pulling her into my arms. "Let's stay in bed. I'll keep us both busy," I kiss her neck. She pushes me away with a look that says, 'Don't-even-try'.