New King

"Lady Hae?" I looked at Chaeryong. "Did everything go well?" I smiled at her. "Thanks to you, I was able to meet him" she smiled happily. "Ah" she snapped her fingers. "Prince Wook wanted me to tell you that you can get to leave the palace if you want. Tell him your opinion" my smiled faded hearing her words. I don't wish to go out now. if I have to go then I will go to my future life from here. I won't until I sorted everything.

I walked back to my room after the conversation. I was reading the sheets I have wrote when Chaeryung barged in to my room. "Lady Hae?" I got up closing the sheets. "What happened?" she seemed panicked. "Prince So is attacking the palace" I gave her a knowing look. "Tell everyone Damiwon will be closed for today" I will try to help him if I can. I was about to go when a maid informed the king has ordered the tea. I took the tray and went to his room.

"Here is your tea, highness" I handed him the tea. "You ruined it all" he seemed like maniac. I couldn't believe just in few years he ended up being like this. "What should I do now?" I snapped out of my thoughts and saw him holding the decree. "Whose name should I write here?" I know Prince So will end up being the king now. As I predicted Prince So came in only to find the king dead. He wasn't alone. Jimong and General Park were with him too.

I announced him as the king and told everyone that the king has wrote Prince So name on it. everyone has to accept it since there isn't any other option.

"Welcome to the new king" everyone bowed to Prince So as he was handed the crown. "I am glad to see you happy" I mumbled to myself watching his smile. "These are the issues and positions we are having in the palace" they handed him the details. "Thank you for all of your time" Jimong announced dismissing the ceremony. "Should we continue the same positions?"

"I will keep General Park in charge of the army forces" he said reading them. "What about Prince Jung then?" I asked him confused. "It is better if he stays out for a while. I will send him to our neighbour kingdom. He will get to look over the constructions too" I hummed in reply. Neighbour kingdom means Woo Hee home. I need to inform Woo Hee to discuss the issues with King So and move back there. I don't want her to end up dying too.

"You do know they are facing lot of problems in that kingdom" I asked him to which he nodded his head. "I am planning to speak with their heir" I hesitated whether to tell him or not. "Their Heir is here actually" I mumbled slowly worried how he will react. "Who?" I bit my lip when I saw his expression. "It's Woo Hee"

"Does Baek ah know about it?" I shook my head. "I told her to tell him the truth but I think she is worried" he sighed loudly. "I will talk to her in the afternoon" I hummed in reply. "Jimong?" he looked at him. "Tell her to visit me in the afternoon and inform Jung and General Park about their positions" an official decree will be sent to them which will be signed by the king. "Also, we need to punish Wook and Won"

"What?" my voice came more louder than I intended to be. "They killed hyung. I can't let them go so easily" he clenched his hands. "Your highness, we can't do that so easily. You know they are the most powerful families now" we need to find the evidence to prove Prince Eun innocence and his crimes" I said thinking about it. "You should find out who is helping him in Damiwon. That is the only way we can get the truth out"

"Fine. I will work on it" I told them both. "I will go and make the arrangements then" Ji mong left after that leaving us alone. "Finally, I got you alone" I laughed at his words. "Are you happy now?" he shook his head. "I still have one more thing to do" I frowned at his words in confusion. "What else is there" he flicked my nose. "Marrying you" I blushed hearing his words. "I can be happy once it is done"

"First, you need to look after the people who are suffering in the kingdom. I came to know lot of things from Woo Hee" I told him what is happening briefly and he listened carefully. "I will solve this and you should convince your friend to tell Baek ah truth about her" I sat beside him. "I will talk to her" he pulled me closer making me sit on his lap. "I can't see if anything happens to Baek ah"

"I know" I smiled closing my eyes. we stayed silent for a while until he spoke again. "Remember, when I asked you to be my queen if I become the king?" I opened my eyes but I didn't answer him. "You didn't answer me then" he pushed me gently so that he can look at me. "Will you marry me?" I bit my lip thinking about it. "It won't be that easy to marry me" I know the next obstacles we will face. "You should strengthen your position first"

"Answer me what I have asked you" he took my hands in his. "Yes or no" I nodded my head. "I will marry you" 

Author Note:

Hello readers... I am planning to end this book in next two chapters. Hope you enjoy it ♥♥

♥♥SN_ANGEL♥♥