Summer (Chapter 6)

INT. LUKE'S DINER. NIGHT

Luke is almost empty, there are 3 persons finishing their food. Luke is behind the Bar cleaning and Caesar is at the kitchen. Lorelai is walking her way to miss Patty's and she sees Luke inside. She looks surprised and goes into the diner. While they talk Luke goes table by table picking plates and cups.

Lorelai:

Hey, you are finally back?

Luke:

Hey. What?

Lorelai:

I've been here like 5 times and the only person I found was Caesar.

Luke:

I told you, I had some things to do.

Lorelai:

Yeah, the famous errand's. Thousands or I should say Millions of them?

Luke:

I won't say millions but yeah, I think it's been a hell of a week till now.

Luke goes behind the counter and Lorelai follows him. She takes the tray with the dishes and puts it over the bar.

Lorelai:

Luke, are you having an affair?

Luke:

(Smiles) What? You lost your mind?

Lorelai:

Well, you've been oddly strange the past days, you disappeared for hours, I can't get you at the phone and all this weird errands you are doing?

Luke:

(smiles) Yeah, You're crazy!

Lorelai:

You haven't answered me! Either you're having an affair or some aliens are abducting you everyday at 7 sharp and keep you hostage for about 12 to 14 hours! I don't see any microchip inserted at the back of your neck or your nose bleeding so...

Luke:

I'm not having an affair Lorelai!

Lorelai:

Then why are you acting so strange lately?

Luke:

Look, I've been having some issues with the Diner but I just took care of them. Don't' worry. That's why I've been so mysterious as you say.

Lorelai:

Issues, what issues?

Luke:

Nothing important, I got them solved already!

Lorelai:

Are you sure?

Luke:

Totally.

They keep looking each other. Lorelai doesn't seem very convinced about Luke's version.

Luke: (cont'd)

So, are we going to the town meeting?

Lorelai:

I was on my way.

Luke:

(To Lorelai) Ok, let's go. (To Caesar) Caesar I'm leaving.

Caesar: (Off Scene)

(From the kitchen) Ok Luke, bye. Bye Lorelai.

Luke and Lorelai leave Luke.