Summer (Chapter 9)

INT. LORELAI'S HOUSE (KITCHEN). DAY

Luke is making breakfast and we see Paul Anka sitting on one side of the kitchen. Lorelai comes to scene. It's really early and she's wearing pajamas.

Lorelai:

Hey (surprised), I thought you've left already.

Luke:

I felt a little hungry and I...

Both speak at the same time.

Lorelai:

Listen Luke.

Luke:

Lorelai.

Lorelai:

Looks like we are synchronized.

Luke:

Look I want to...

Lorelai:

Please let me talk first?

Luke takes a deep breath and remains in silence.

Lorelai:

I hate this. You, me, practically no talking at all. I know you have your own stuff and I really didn't...

Luke:

Lorelai...

Lorelai:

Please, let me finish... I know you have your way of doing things and that you are an independent and hardworking man and I love that, I really do, it's one of the things I actually admire on you.

Luke:

Thanks.

Lorelai:

And I am really sorry if you felt I was being annoying but I was worried. I love you and I will worry every time I see something is not good with you or your life. I mean you were my friend before and now you are my husband. We should support each other, that's all I want.

Luke:

I know. And I'm really sorry too. You know how much I love you. I guess it's just the way my father raced me. He solved every problem on his own, never asked for help. It's just the way I learned it.

Lorelai:

I get that. But we are team, like Simon and Garfunkel or Batman and the Joker.

Luke:

Weren't those two trying to kill each other all the time?

Lorelai:

Yeah, that wasn't a good example, but what I mean...

Luke comes closer to Lorelai and embraces her.

Luke:

(Softly) I know what you meant. I do.

Lorelai:

My problems are yours and yours are mine. We are in this together, ok?

Luke:

Ok.

Lorelai:

And you promise you will tell me when something is wrong?

Luke:

I promise.

Lorelai:

So you love me, ah?