Summer (Chapter 7)

EXT. LORELAI'S HOUSE. DAY

It's really early in the morning. Lorelai comes out of the house with a mug full of coffee, her keys and her purse and goes to her car. Her phone rings. She has too many things that she can't answer. She walks faster to her car and talks to her purse while phone still ringing.

Lorelai:

Wait a moment please!

She puts the purse and the coffee over the car. She takes out the cellphone and answers.

Lorelai:

Hey mom, what's up?

INT. GILMORE MANSION. DAY

We are back at Hartford, right inside the mansion. Emily is sitting on her hall using casual clothes. There are bags, boxes and some baby stuff around. The house looks emptier than ever before, and we see some people around walking with the realtor Ida. Bertha is also in the house helping Emily.

Emily:

Good morning Lorelai. Are you busy?

Lorelai:

I'm on my way to the Inn.

Emily:

Do you think you can take the morning off?

Lorelai:

Why, are you planning other of your surprised visits?

Emily:

I'm at Hartford and I want to show you some things I get for Rory.

Lorelai:

(Surprised) At Hartford, I thought you sold the house.

Emily:

It's a long story. I tell you all later. Well, could you or could you not take the morning off?

Lorelai:

Ummm I don't know mum, we're really busy at the inn.

Emily:

I bought some beautiful things for my grand granddaughter!

Lorelai:

That's nice but you shouldn't have to.

Emily:

I just couldn't resist. And I really need your help. I wanna give Rory a surprise.

Lorelai:

Ok mum. I set things up with Michelle and Sookie and I'll be there in about an hour.

Emily:

Wonderful. See you then.

Lorelai:

Bye mom.

Lorelai smiles and gets on her car. She turns on the car and leaves.

INT. GILMORE MANSION. DAY

We see Lorelai's Jeep parked outside the mansion. She comes to the door and rings the bell. The realtor, Ida, opens the door.

Realtor:

Good Morning!

Lorelai:

Hi, I'm Lorelai Gilmore, I'm looking for my mother

Realtor:

Nice to meet you. I'm Ida. She's at the living room.