Summer (Chapter 10)

INT. LOGAN'S OFFICE. DAY.

Logan is reading some papers. He looks very concentrated. He has his computer with the echography over the screen and his phone over the desk. The phone rings. He looks at his screen, it says Rory.

Logan:

Hey Rory?

Jess: (on the phone)

Hi, I'm Jess, Rory's friend. Look man, she's having the baby...

Logan:

Right now?

Jess:

(Annoyed and exited) Yes man, now! She asked me to call you. We just got to the hospital.

Logan:

(Shocked) Wow, Slow down.

Jess: (On the phone)

Look man I'm kind of busy here helping her.

Logan:
Ok, I'm sorry. What hospital is she in?

Jess: (On the phone)

Do you have a pen?

Logan gets a pen and writes the address.

Logan:

Yes, tell me (makes a pause while he writes). Ok, I got it. And thank you for letting me know!

Jess: (at the phone)

Sure.

Logan takes his things from the desk. While he puts these into his handbag, he closes the computer with the echography inside and he left it on the desk. He goes out from the office.

INT. LORELAI'S CAR. DAY

Lorelai is driving her car over Star Hollows. She's going home. Her phone rings. She pulls on one side and answer.

Lorelai:

Hey, what's ... (makes a pause) Oh my god, yeah, yeah I'm on my way.

Oh my god, Rory!

Lorelai hangs up. She looks for Luke's number and call.

INT. LUKES DINER. DAY

Luke is fighting with Kirk over petal sitting on a chair.

Luke:

I told you that animal can't come in!

Kirk:

Who are you talking to?

Luke's phone ring.

Luke:

(To Kirk) Both. (Turns around and answers) Hey Lorelai. Wait what? (Makes a pause) Are you sure? (makes another pause and smiles) I can't believe it. Yeah, I'm on my way. (Hangs up the phone) Caesar I gotta go! Free meals for every body! (to Kirk) and don't worry Kirk, both can stay.

Kirk:

Really? What makes you change your mind?

Luke:

Rory is having the baby!

Kirk:

Right now?

Luke:

I gotta go Kirk.

Luke leaves the diner. He gets in his truck and goes really fast. We can hear the wheels.