[̲̅2 . 0

With each gust of wind that blew through your hair and with each running step you took, it forced your mop of hair to bounce in a rhythm similar to a quick metronome.

     The staircase was especially long, considering the building you were climbing up. Multiple pants escaped your lips while you climbed each stair, the railing assisting you in your rush. Rays of orange lights beamed down from the large windows at the top of each set of stairs that indicate the beginning of a floor; which you had chose to ignore, of course.

     Your soulmate continued to stay an entire set of stairs ahead of you, and their speed was indescribable. This person was much faster than you, no matter how much energy you put into your speed. In the back of your mind, you attempted to ease your breathing. The staircase, along with having to run for your dear life, reminded you of the Hunters Exam. If you recalled correctly, Kurapika—wait, no, was it Gon?—had a special technique to steady his breathing as he ran.

     Each breath you take was irregular. No matter how hard you attempted to mimic the characters' battle tactics, you couldn't seem to get it right.

     So, with that, you gave up on trying to do this anime style. With a loud grunt, you pushed yourself to the limit and ran as fast as you could. "Stop! Please!" You shouted with your head tilting upward, causing echoes to resonate throughout the staircase. "How the fuck are you so fast!?"

     You let go of the railing and allowed your arms to fall to your sides the second you watched the roof door shut; the door being at the end of the flights of stairs.

     You stood completely still and thought about what just went down. First, you spawned in the pool room of the school. Second, you watched your soulmate run away from you after you tried talking to them. Third, you just chased them up a staircase.

     What the fuck?

     Why the fuck were you even following them?

     Why did you try to talk to them again?

     Ah, that was right. Tsumugi told you to chat with your soulmate before you fell asleep last night.

     Fell asleep last night? Soulmate?

     So this was a dream?

     Made sense.

     "Fuck!" you shouted, a sudden realization dawning upon you. "Why the fuck would they run to the roof!?"

     Were they going to jump off?

     This mother fucker.

     Your body seemed to work again. With a sudden realization, you sprinted toward the door at the top of the stairway and aggressively pushed open the grey, metallic door.

     A string of curses flowed out of your mouth uncontrollably as if it were a waterfall at the sight ahead of you. "Don't jump!" you finally shouted, starting to slowly take steps at the black-themed person ahead of you.

     Your soulmate stood still on top of the railing of the school roof, their arms flaunting out in the wind to his sides. His midnight-black hoodie gently shook along with the wind, the hood over his head threatening to fall off. This mysterious boy—or so, you assumed it's a boy—hadn't batted an eye after being alerted of your presence, each of your shouts seemed to go through one ear and out the other. On each hand, a duel of black gloves rested on each; his fingers spread out with air flowing through.

He was hesitating. He was clearly hesitating.

Good to take note of.

"Hey... it's A-OK!" you shouted, continuing to take slow and careful steps. "We can just talk this out over a beer or something..." You awkwardly laughed and looked off to the side a bit while scratching the back of your neck sheepishly. "Aha... just kidding... I don't drink..."

The boy didn't even flinch at your words. He must've heard you, right?

"Hey, are you a boy?" you asked, trying to seem casual. "I mean, you have a clearly dick, but is this like... a he/they kinda thing? Don't worry, I accept you." You awkwardly laughed, your feet then stopping around six feet behind him. One hand reached toward him, offering him to come forward.

"Don't step off... please," you muttered, your voice barely audible to your own ears.

He slowly turned around to face you, a hand reaching up to grip his hoodie over his face. His other hand reached up as well, extremely slow with obvious hesitance.

His left gloved hand gripped his hoodie, the cloth wrinkling a bit; the other formed a small peace sign.

His mouth slowly twisted into a sinister grin with your heart immediately stopping.

No, no, no... not that smile.

The boys' mouth slowly changes again, your heart quickly filled with anticipation for his next move.

'Bye-bye.' he mouthed.

The second he finished his slow speaking, a blood-curdling scream flowed out of your lips.

——┬┴┬┴┤├┬┴┬┴——

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗧𝗪𝗢 || 𝗞𝗡𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬 ||
ᴋᴏᴋɪᴄʜɪ ᴏᴜᴍᴀ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

——┬┴┬┴┤├┬┴┬┴——

You didn't wake up.