[̲̅2 . 2

To the left of the door you just came out of stood one that mimicked the same look, the two doors shape and coloring an identical set of brown, oak wood. Just as the one that was behind you, the door was wide open, but instead of a person right in front of the door, there was a small, frail-looking boy a small ways inside of the room.

The strands of dark purple hair gave you no doubt on who the boy could be, the person undeniably being the boy who was chasing Keebo—the robot—yesterday.

It seemed like he had not noticed your lingering form yet, as he carefully took off a small black glove, the silky shine of it twinkling off the natural shine of the room. It hadn't seemed like anybody else was in the room, the only person being the small boy, his face completely neutral as a small hint of shade rested on the top of his forehead. He stood still, a few fingers were still in the glove, as he stared down blankly at it, his eyes half-lidded.

     Orange rays of light rested on his hair and down, the natural morning glare remaining even so long after morning. If you were to guess, perhaps it was still only around seven o'clock? It's truly a mystery on how everyone could wake up so early naturally before you.

     One of his legs was slightly bent, his right one being the one holding his still form up on its own. The sight was absolutely stunning, and if you could, you would totally take a picture and worship later. Not in a creepy way, though.

     As if it knocked you out of your captivated trance, your eyes widened when he finally took the glove completely off, seeming to snap back into reality from whatever he was previously thinking about; you being snapped back as well. His eyes widened slightly as he gently shook his head back and forth, seeming to shake away the thought. He quickly stuffed the glove in his pocket and dusted non-existent air off his form, his face still completely neutral as his eyes went back to being half-lidded.

     Remembering how you could get caught, you quickly moved and—as silently as you could—hid behind the wall in the room from earlier, your back awkwardly hitting the wall behind you, your fingers spread out and glued to the wall. As if he could somehow hear you, you hitched your breathing and forced a hand in front of your mouth.

     It was unlikely that the boy would've even thought to check in the girls living room for some random reason, but for some stupid, off-brand reason, you were scared anyway. Do you know how awkward it would be if he somehow caught you staring at him? Especially if it were for the reason that you were mesmerizedenchanted, even—by his natural looks? Yeah, that's a no-go.

"Um, Y/n? What are you doing?"

     "Ack!" you screeched, your arms threw into the air and your leg slightly bent up in front of you in a protective way. "What the fuck, man!?"

There stood an all too familiar pale boy, his hand gripping the small black cap resting on his head. His dark, cyan hair was tied in a small, loose ponytail held up by a pink scrunchy, and for what he was wearing would be a nice tan cardigan. Under the cardigan was a nice white T-shirt—as for pants, he wore baby blue jeans. By his face, there was no denying that the boy was your childhood friend and extremely good teen detective, Shuichi Saihara.

"Ah, Y/n. I was looking for you, and Kirumi said you were at your dorm, and when you weren't there, I asked again and she recommended I check here... But, um, why were you holding your hand over your mouth so... with such a... terrifying expression? Did something scare you? Or was it... because of a dream?" The last part was mumbled slightly, not allowing your ears to pick up on it.