7 - Little Songbird

Nathaniel's POV

I sit there, shocked as the woman who is my mate walks across the stage and embraces the blonde she-wolf. I study her as much as I can, but considering she's a decent distance away from me, I can't really make much of her aside from her appearance.

I turn my head quickly as Tobias clears his throat. "You okay Nate?"

Shit. I can't hide this from him...

"That woman down there, with the red hair." I state sternly but quietly. He looks in her direction and nods. "What about her?" I decide to mind-link him for privacy.

N- She's my mate, Tobias. -
T- No way, really? She's gorgeous. -

He pauses for a moment.

T- What do you need me to do? -
N- I need to make sure it's her, can we get her up here after the set? -
T- I can talk to Kai, get some info and say you'd like to see her. –

I nod at him and look back to the red-haired beauty as she takes her position on the left side of the stage and the band gets into their song. The anticipation kills me as the song plays through, thinking that I might not hear her voice, but then it finally graces my ears and holy fuck. It shakes me to my core, and I know then. She must be my mate. There's no denying it. Something simple as hearing her sing wouldn't affect me this intensely if she wasn't.

I watch her as she perfectly blends in with the band as she sings, clearly comfortable and enjoying herself, her voice powerfully mesmerizing. The crowd is completely enamoured with the performance, moving in time with the music and cheering them on loudly. Soon the song is over, and I turn to Tobias and his eyes are wide.

"Wow, that was..."

"Perfection. I'm dying to hear what she sounds like on her own later."

"I don't blame you, I feel the same way, Alpha. I'll go talk to Kai." I nod in agreement and watch him as he heads downstairs.

Another song starts and I fixate my eyes on her once again.

My little songbird...

______

Ivy's POV

I can't help the huge smile that spreads across my face as I walk off the stage after Ciara's set. The crowd was loving every single moment and it felt so good to be up on the stage again. I head backstage and grab a bottle of water and take a few sips to coat my dry throat. Sitting down, I bask in the euphoria I'm experiencing, and then out of the corner of my eye, I see Kai enter.

I look to him as I take another sip of water. "Hey."

"You sounded great out there." He says as he sits next to me, the couch bending slightly under his weight. "Thanks! The crowd was wild."

"That they were. I'm here to ask you something though."

I turn and face him more, feeling confused and concerned. "What is it?"

Do I even want to know?

"He wants to see you."

I narrow my eyes in confusion. "Who?"

"Nathaniel...."

My eyes widen. "Uh what? Why does he want to see me? Kai shrugs at me. "His Beta came down and said that they liked your performance with Ciara's band and that he wanted to meet you." He stands up from the couch and holds out his hand. Anxiously, I look up at him and take his hand. "I can't refuse can I?" Kai chuckles. "Probably wouldn't be a good idea."

"Yeah, probably not." Kai squeezes my hand in reassurance before letting it go. "You'll be fine."

I take a deep breath and head back out to the main floor of the bar and walk over to the staircase that leads to the VIP area. Another bouncer, Adam steps aside and lets me pass. As I walk up the steps, my feet feel increasingly heavier and I start to panic, thinking of all the things he could have done to me if I fuck up.