38 - New Territory

Ivy's POV

I can't believe this is happening.

We're part of Nate's pack now.

It's only been a few days and I'm still recovering from my attack, but it's felt like we've been here this entire time. Kane and Genevieve have their own suites now and have fallen right into place with Nadine and Tobias.

I'm still in the medical wing as I had a small setback with my stab wound, I accidentally pushed myself a but too hard during exercise and ripped my stitching open, so now I'm on light movement until it heals. Everyone has been visiting me every single chance they get, and Nate has been texting me every moment he isn't in here with me.

It's sweet.

I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders in telling Nate the entire backstory of my life and how I came to be in this present moment. It surprised me that he immediately knew something was off like Kane and Genevieve had been saying for years, but I'm glad it's out now.

He also made a full incident report on my attack based on what I told him – the three men and their descriptions, that they knew who I was etc. – and he's been speaking with some other packs trying to see if he can find any leads on who these men were and who got them to attack me so brutally.

I mean, we all suspect Cole, but there's no evidence linking him to it, or anything else that's happened to me, so it's kind of at a stalemate until we get more information.

I'm drawn to the door as it opens and Nathaniel walks in, wearing grey sweats and a t-shirt and it's hard not to imagine him naked. I know he's dressed so causally since it's Sunday, and oh how I wish it was Sunday everyday. I love seeing him relaxed.

"Ivy, how are you feeling?" He asks as he sits at the end of my bed. I smile at him. "I feel good. Nadine said everything is healing well again so hopefully I can get out of here soon."

"That's good, baby. I'm glad to hear."

"Everything going okay with you?" I ask and he nods. "As good as it can. Nothing new yet concerning your situation and I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff for when I take over as King, but it's nothing I can't handle."

He grasps my hands in his.

"I have something I'd like to show you, if that's okay?" I nod. "Sure."

Nate then stands up and helps me out of bed, taking great care around my stomach to not irritate my wound again. I'm in a loose fitted nightgown that falls just below my knees, and I swishes with movement as I start taking steps forward.

Nate walks closely with me making sure I don't fall, and we walk together out of the medical wing, into the main foyer and into the other side of the packhouse where all the rooms are. I see Kane and Genevieve in the hallway, and they stop and smile at me.

"Glad you're up and about." Kane says and I nod. "Me too."

"I'm showing Ivy the new thing I got, care to join us?" Nate says to them, and they nod, Genevieve smiling widely at me.

Something's up. They know something.

We all keep walking down the hallway and into the main common room. I look around and see that it has a lot of different games and activities, plus a huge lounge area. I see a door on the right and that's where Nate leads me. "Close your eyes." Nate says and I obey, shutting my eyes and letting him lead me into the room with a small creak of the door the only noise letting me know we're going in.

"Open." He says and the moment I open my eyes I gasp loudly.

It's a music room.

"This is..." I trail off as I feel tears prick my eyes.

"This room was empty, I had no idea what to do with it, but I got some inspiration from you." Nate says and I look at him and smile. There's full mic and speaker equipment, a piano, guitar, drums and even mixing equipment that I see from first glance. It's a rustic themed room, but oh so beautiful.

"Wow. This is amazing. Thank you." I say, walking slowly and inspecting the room.

"Did you want to play something?" He asks and I nod. "Of course." I sit down at the piano and begin to play something simple, my fingers flowing over the keys effortlessly.

- - -

Nathaniel's POV

Seeing the joy in her face was worth the struggle of getting items in this room. Kane, Genevieve, and I were working non-stop the past two days while she was recovering to make this little space for her.

I watch her play the piano and admire this moment. She's here, staying in my pack and closer to me.

I turn as I see Genevieve approach me, her eyes trained on Ivy playing as well.

"She needs to know what she is to you." She says lowly, for Ivy not to hear, and I nod.

"I know. I'll tell her soon; I just want her better first."

"I get that, just please. She's gone through enough; she needs something positive like this in her life."

I will give her a positive and happy life, I'm sure of it.

________________________________

 - filler! More coming soon!

 - see you in the next one!! - vv