Chapter 22 - Thinking

[y/n] stood in front of the 10-story building in front of him that was covered with glass panes.

Runway Agency. Home of Japan's top fashion magazine. [y/n] would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous about meeting the woman. Nonetheless, the boy took a deep breath and walked in the automatic doors into the lobby. Large prints of various models and outfits hung across the wall eventually leading to the receptionist desk at the end of the room beside a hallway that probably lead to the elevators.

[y/n] went over to the receptionist and waved at him. "Ah. You must be here for the internship, yes?" He nodded at the man, "Please take a seat, someone will be with you shortly."

The brunette went over to the nearby sofa and sat down and looked around at the pictures and prints plastered on the wall. What he noticed was there wasn't really a certain demographic that all the pictures could fall under, boy or girl, young or old, normal or people with mutant quirks. You name it, it was probably there. There wasn't a certain theme either. Some of the models wore formal attires while the others wore casual clothes... but he was sure of one thing. They were all definitely fashionable. Maybe this was a mistake.

"Hello!"

[y/n] jumped at the sudden voice and turned to see a blonde girl in her 20s with a tousled short bob wearing a white cardigan and high waisted pants holding a tablet. "You must be Takeru [y/n] from UA? Well... I assume since you're wearing the school uniform."

The brunette nodded at question which prompted the woman to smile, "Great! You can call me Emiko. If you could follow me to the changing rooms so you could change into your hero uniform that would be amazing."

The boy stood up as the woman led him across the hallway and up the elevators. Once the two got off, [y/n] walked across the hallway across a bunch of rooms. Some were simple conference rooms, others seemed to be for photo shoots, one room was just a bunch of people arguing about fabric. "As you can see Runway is one of Japan's top fashion magazines run by Akemi Miko or Mode as the public knows her," Emiko said while navigating the halls, "While Mode is more well known as a fashion designer she always manages to make time for patrols and rescue missions if necessary... not for reasons you think though. While, yes Mode does take her pro-hero work seriously, she also uses these as publicity events to show off her next collection. Which is why unlike some heroes, Mode doesn't really use her hero costume when patrolling."

[y/n] nodded at the statement and stared at the blonde woman which she immediately noticed, "I'm not a hero if your wondering," she chuckled. "I'm Mode's secretary and the PR head of Runway... and since your interning for us, we're gonna be working together for the whole week." The woman stopped in front of the door and gave him a small smile. "You can change in here and we'll continue with the debriefing slash tour when you're done."

The boy bowed to the woman and went in the room to change in his hero costume and went out to find Emiko using her phone doing... something. The blonde looked up and pocketed her phone and looked up and down at his costume. "Neutral colors... I can work with that."

[y/n] raised one of his eyebrows at the random comment but ignored it. "Ok!" Emiko said with a smile, "Follow me please, It's time to see Mode."

The duo continued walking and navigating the hallways until they stopped in a room with a curved receptionist's desk beside a tinted glass door. The two walked over to the door as Emiko knocked on it as a muffled "come in" came from the other side. Emiko opened to door and walked in as [y/n] followed.

The first thing that [y/n] noticed? The sketches. Scattered across the coffee table on the side of the room and on a nearby whiteboard were a bunch of sketches of various outfits from suits to dresses to jumpers to jackets. At the end of the room, in front of the window wall was a desk with a woman typing away at her laptop. Probably a new upcoming article.