Chapter 42 - Infiltrated

[y/n] walked back to camp with a dizzy head, a bloody gym uniform, and an overprotective dragon. He may have gone overboard with his training as those damn words kept echoing in his head.

"Well at least I can say something."

Stupid Katsuki, saying those stupid words with his stupid mouth. [y/n] would've cried at the thought of that but he already did and was too tired to do it again. The boy slowly approached the end of the forest ahead walked into the clearing to see a few other students head to the lodge to change into their casual clothes. The boy passed a few students without giving them a glance as he approached the lodge.

Jiro was talking to Yaomomo when she noticed the boy behind her and greeted him. "Yo, [y/n]. How was tr– AAAAH!"

"Why! What happened?!" Eijiro went over with Sero followed by a zapped out Denki as Jiro pointed at the boy. The trio stared at the boy for awhile before looking back at Jiro. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean what's wrong?! He look like he just ate somebody!" Jiro shouted. She wasn't wrong, [y/n] didn't wipe the blood off his face properly so it created dark red stains that surrounded his mouth as the entire upper portion of his gym uniform was drenched in more blood than sweat.

"He's always like that whenever he overuses his quirk though..." Sero pointed out.

"That doesn't make it any less scary!"

Eijiro chuckled at the argument before looking back at the boy and studying his face. "Have you been... crying?"

The group stopped arguing and looked at the boy's face as [y/n] scratched his eyes and winced. They were probably irritated and red from rubbing it too much. The boy faked a smile. "It's probably from my training, don't worry about it."

Before the group could ask anymore questions, [y/n] went ahead to the lodge a bit quicker than usual to get out of their sights while red eyes followed the boy's movement.

[y/n] was definitely not fine. His usually cheery smile wasn't on his face, he was more distant than usual, he wasn't even admiring the sunset's colors, he was just... peeling vegetables. Every time someone asked him about it, the boy would just smile and tell them that he was probably just tired from training.

Another reason that he was not fine was the dragon. The dragon wasn't aggressive per se, but it was definitely being overprotective of the boy. Denki tried striking up a conversation with him but a few minutes later the dragon gently grabbed him by the collar and pulled him away.

"Stupid dragon... Not letting me talk to him..." Denki muttered while peeling his vegetables.

"Why's the dragon being overprotective now?" Sero asked. "It wasn't like that before when he was doing drawings of Class B, was it?"

"It wasn't... maybe Bakugo knows?" Eijiro asked in a tired tone. The group looked at the angry blonde who wielded a knife while cutting the vegetables with extreme precision and speed.

"Yeah... I'm not going near him with that knife," Sero whispered.

"Oh!" Denki snapped his fingers as he walked over to the grills and brought back a certain green-haired boy.

"Um, is something wrong?" Izuku asked the group.

"You take note of all of [y/n]'s creations right?" Sero asked which prompted Izuku to nod. "Is the dragon usually... protective?"