Chapter 32 - Offer

"Why don't you join us?" Shigaraki asked.

[y/n] almost laughed the question, in fact, he snorted at the thought of him becoming a villain. "Joke?"

"I can assure you, it's not a joke." Shigaraki said and he kept his sinister smile. "You... admire Stain don't you? After all, he did save you that night."

The brunette squinted his eyes. Did he admire the Hero Killer? Hell no. He agreed with his message on what a true hero was but admiring a villain? [y/n] stared at Shigariki making eye contact with him and shook his head. "Oh? But... you have the same view as him, no?" [y/n] stayed silent while Shigaraki's smile got bigger. This person was pissing him off but he managed to maintain his composure.

"So why do you choose to become a hero? It's clear that not many people believe in that." The brunette didn't even know what happened. One moment he was standing in front of Shigaraki, the other he was holding a knife to his throat while the blue-haired villain made no moves. "Oh? Is that a sensitive topic?"

[y/n] thought about ending it right here and there but... he couldn't. He lowered his knife and slowly walked backwards to his original position while staying on the defensive. "Interesting... you really are an interesting person Takeru. Now..." Shigaraki scratched his neck. "Where was I... Oh, yes. Me and the Hero Killer. What's the difference between us?"

The difference? [y/n] wasn't sure what Shigaraki wanted in the first place or why he even came here. Was it to ask a simple question? [y/n] analyzed his situation carefully. Behind him was the way to lead towards the more open areas of the mall. Behind Shigaraki was most likely the elevators, what he would use to escape in this situation. In the worse case scenario, the elevator opens and a crowd of people come and go, along with him. He didn't even have his sketchbook with him... but he had a notepad... and the knife that he summoned. Could he fight? Shigaraki stared at him waiting for an answer.

What did they have that was different? They were both villains... but Stain had a goal in mind. "Ideals."

He didn't give up at times whether it meant risking his life. "Conviction."

And what was he inspired by? "All Might." [y/n] stared at Shigaraki and gave him a smile. "But... Stain is something you could never be. He was inspired by a hero's actions."

"Watch it," the villain said in a warning tone but [y/n] ignored it.

"He's not some crazy, wack villain. He had beliefs and held to them to the very end." [y/n]'s smile turned into a sadistic one as he stared at the villain in front of him. "He isn't some weak shit like you who gives up when it gets too hard."

[y/n] was expecting the villain to pounce at him for what he signed but he just stood there shaking. Did he even understand what I just said? Maybe I was overestimating his understanding of sign language.

Suddenly, Shigaraki starting letting out a small laugh until he looked up at the boy with an unnerving smile that made him flinch as the villain sighed in relief. "You know... you're a rude little shit you know that?" Yes. "But I see now, why he makes me angry. What makes you interesting and at the same time pisses me off. It's him. All Might's the problem." [y/n] made a confused face and listened to Shigaraki's monologue who sounded like he found the cure for death itself. "That's why all these people here are able to smile so carelessly. They feel safe because All Might smiles like there isn't a person in this world he couldn't save!" Shigaraki went back to looking at him. "I'm glad we had this talk. It seems that I don't have to change my ways after all."