MALIBU

I loved watching movies and TV shows as a kid. The cliff hangers and the suspense was more than enough to keep me satisfied with what was on the screen. Maybe it's because my dad was the one I'd mostly see on TV...I never used to see him a lot because he was always on the road you know. I'd get gifts and cards on my birthday and when he's around we'd always watch one of my favorite movies, he was starring in all of them of course. Jump to a couple of years into the future and there I was across the country. We moved to Malibu because my dad said that he felt like the beach would make the family happier. That's because my mom and dad had been having some fights on the regular, trust issues, barely seeing each other which drifted them apart. And I'm sure that the reason they're still together was because they had to raise me... I hoped.
I was starting my highschool life there at Grover High. Anywhere away from home is anything I could bargain for. Being the daughter of a famous movie star does get you all the attention you never wanted nor needed. And it would've been stupid of me not to expect it at school...Then you could call me the most stupid person in the world. It was a Monday, a cold Monday. All of us were at the school courtyard interacting with one another. I had nearly everyone surrounding me and they all kept asking me about how they could get my dad's autograph. I felt like a medium, not a human being. ' Can you just leave me alone!' I stormed off to the benches trying to cool down from the first minutes of highschool. No one would want to follow me if I'm steamed whether you knew me or you're a stranger. Looking down at the crowd of people from a distance was officially my first feeling of relief in highschool. It was only after a couple of minutes of cooling down did I notice someone who was staring at me from my left side on the same bench. He was about 10ft away from me, but his stare made it feel like he was on my neck.

' Let me guess, you want to know my dad's pay cheque for Revenge of the Beast too?' I was pretty much fed up with all that attention I didn't want.

He slowly came over to me, still looking at me weirdly and said

' Ummm, I just wanted to ask if we could be ummm friends...please?'

' So you can end up meeting my dad in person?' I looked away unimpressed.

' Who's your dad? Haha...' I looked at him like he cracked a bad joke.

' Are you kidding me, everyone knows him. Chuck San Derrelo...Adventure Man, main role in Swampy, he's played Spiderman before...'

'Oh the Spiderman after Tobey Maguire right?...'

' Yeah, like he's the best out of all of them.' And because he was my dad too.

' Ummm I think you're only saying that because it was your dad doing the role haha...'

' That's it, get out of here now!'

' Fine he's the best Spiderman. But if you stick around with me I can let you see the masterpiece of Sam Raimi's Spidey. I've got some valid points...haha'

' Sure, we can be friends. Even though I already have a lot of them already, there's always room for more. We can be genuine friends, as long as you don't try to get my dad's autograph and look at me weirdly then we're chilled. Got it?' I let my hand out to him.

He shook my hand and smiled like it was more than just an encounter.

' Those guys must be very lucky to be your friends huh?' He was oddly sweet.

' Don't be silly ummm what's your name? Sorry I forgot to ask' Was I that rude?

' My name's Jamie, Jamie Hans Jacobs...'

' Nice to meet you Jamie, I'm...'

' Olivia San Derrelo....umm I heard someone say your name down there, nothing weird haha...' I realised something at that moment.