BONUS CHAPTER: THE CRUSCENDO'S PITCH

It was 'Space-Cadets: The legend of Ozlo', my favorite show staring my favorite person, Charles ' Chuck' San Derrelo. AKA, my dad.

" Here comes my favorite part! Aaaaaaannnnnddddd boooooooommmm! Hahahahaha!" I was filled with energy.

" I had no idea you'd love that when we were shooting that scene kido, glad youre enjoying it!" said my dad as he hugged me tighter on his lap as we watched the show.

He was filled with promises.
        His phone starts ringing when the credits start rolling, perfect timing if you ask me. He wasn't expecting it, I could tell from the way he looked at me while it was ringing. He pulls it out of his pocket, putting me on the sid of the couch. He looks at the contact dialing him at such a joyful moment and he rushes upstairs, into his room to pick up the phone. I started to feel home alone, mum was no where near home. It was 6pm in the evening. Malibu comes alive in the night, so she decided to be a part of it, not depart from it. It was the only way she could bring some money home during the times my dad couldn't. And those were many times, so damn many. I bet her pimp was a lucky son of a bitch, my mum must've bagged every gent she met at the beach.
         I sneaked up stairs to ease drop on the noises I was hearing in my dads room. He surely wasn't happy about the call.

" Loook, we fucking agreed right!... We fucking agreed on 200 grand, nothing more and nothing fucking less, got it?!... What do you mean tone down my voice it's my fucking money Paul! Look I got a daughter I need to put food on the plate for man, don't do this to me. Don't let her suffer for my mistakes...Please." He was trying to make ends meet.

          Like forcing opposite poles of a magnet together. You'd need some glue for that.

" Thanks Paul... I need all the scrap I can get from this deal." He ended the call.

         I was too slow to run back down stairs before he came out of the room in a rush. He was sad to see me to say the least.

" How much did you hear kido?"

" Who's Paul?" I asked.

        He knelt down to me, staring at my teary eyes. I was trying to look like a tough guy. I was only a little girl. So fucking little.

" Somethings get out of hand sometimes kido, and all we can do about it is find a way to ge control of them again... And I'm trying my best for us." He said whilst looking down at the floor most of the time. Was he ashamed?

" I'm trying too daddy..." I replied.

" What do you mean Liv?" He asked with a puzzled face.

" I want you me and mummy back the way it used to be..." i replied whilst failing to hold back the tear running down my cheek.

          He pulled me close and gave me a hug, trying to reasure me... i never got hugged a lot back then. Hugs were a big occasion back then, heck I used to find ways to get them, but that time was an exception.

" I wanna go take a nap daddy." I said to him while in his embrace.

         He lifted me up and took me to my room. I always took naps when I felt like i needed to be left alone, yet I was so young. We play a big part in raising ourselves you know. I' d jump in bed and face the damn wall with the bedroom door behind me, just the way I liked it. It made the whole world smaller, that gap between my face and the wall, yet the fear of not facing my door reminded me of small my world is compared to the real world. So it would take me a while to sleep.
        After cooling down and being content with myself, my body started feeling like taking a nap wasn't such a bad idea afterall. That's until my mum came home that late afternoon.