SERENDIPITY

I thought it was over right before my eyes, chunk by chunk, the whole process seemed longer since I was paying attention to every bite Kowalski took from that sandwich.  Collins was hiding his smile as he was squatting by his locker, satisfied that his great mission had been accomplished.  Butch smiled at Collins as he liked the poison off his fingers.

‘ Thanks for the free lunch dork… It’s never been this easy.’

‘ I guess that I’m finally used to this daily routine Butch, and I hope that you’ll get used to the change aswell…’ Collins gave Kowalski a creepy look which made the whole environment uncomfortable.

That triggered Liv to start looking around for me, she realised what was going on. When she looked back she saw me and ran towards me. I thought that it was a dream come true, she was literally leaving Kowalski behind, for me. She immediately pulled my hand away from the scene and into an empty classroom. Yep, unexpected kisses… She slapped my face so hard that I didn’t just come back to reality, I saw my life flash before my damn eyes!

‘ Why the fuck didn’t you tell me that Walters was going to poison Butch?! I was expecting a gun to pop out or something!’

‘ A gun?!’ I was still processing to catch up with reality.

‘ Collins is a fucking psycho J! Aaaah!’

‘ I’m sorry, I was fooling around all weekend and…’

‘ And what?!..’

‘ And I’m kinda glad that Butch’s gonna get out of my life… Now it sounds really wrong since I’m saying it out loud haha’ Yep, I messed up. Big time.

‘ We’re gonna fix this, before he dies…’ She looked down, straight into my eyes.

‘ Well, we’ve got 3 hours before he dies. 2 hours and 53 minutes to be precise.’ I was leaning back from her raging face.

              We ran out the class to find Butch and find a way to save him.

‘Collins!...’ Liv was not in a good mood, period.

Collins was at his locker getting his books ready, in a happy mood of course.

‘ Yeah?...’ Liv held him up to the locker in a very, very aggressive way.

‘ If Butch dies because of this shit. I’m going to make sure that your life will never be the same...you got that psycho?’ She looked deep into his terrified eyes like she was still holding back some threats for him.

Collins lifted his hands in the air in fear.

‘ Whoa, we don’t need to reach such limits to have an agreement…’ He then smiled.

‘ What agreement?’ She pushed him against the lockers even harder, confused by what he had just said.

‘ The guy’s got under half an hour to live by now…’ He chuckled.

‘ And I won’t spare his life without having something that’s worth the trade…’ He looked into her eyes which were now looking more frightened than serious.

‘ What do you want? Haha…’ I was the most nervous out of all 3 of us.

Collins then tilted his head to see me behind Liv.

‘ Oh, so you betrayed me… I didn’t see that coming’ ‘ What do you want?’ Liv was losing patients.

‘ If I can’t kill him for real. Then I’ll kill his mind and heart…’ Collins kept on looking more insane the longer he talked.